White Circles

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, rkr1958, Happycat, Slitherine Core

siln
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

White Circles

Post by siln »

Was wondering if anyone could answer this. I have units A, B, and C that have just started a new turn and none of them have moved. All are adjacent to one another and are all bordering enemy X. When I click on unit B to attack enemy X, Units A and C get this temporary white circle on them. Are they assisting in the battle and providing support - and if so how does one monopolize on this situation?
richardsd
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: White Circles

Post by richardsd »

nope - thats swapping, adjacent units can swap poisitions
Arronax
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Arronax »

Swapping seems to be different because it asks you to swap .I have seen this only in combat and it appears as if the adjacent units are lending support. I do not know how this mechanism affects combat. Perhaps someone else knows
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

There is no unit support. It would be easier if you took a screenshot of this situation and post it here. If not you can send me an email with the screenshot. Just send me a pm with your email so I can send you mine.
Arronax

Post by Arronax »

Lets see if this works adding the file and if you will be able to see this.
Attachments
circle.jpg
circle.jpg (59.78 KiB) Viewed 3503 times
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

That is strange. Could you send me the save game you have? You got my email address.

What happens if you click on one of the Axis units with the white circle?
Arronax

Post by Arronax »

These circles appear only after you click for combat and disappear immediately as result occurs so you can't click on them. Also if an adjacent unit has already participated in combat it doesn't get a circle. I always assumed they were lending support. LOL
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I got your save game and saw that you had white circles from enemy combat in the previous turn showing. These disappear after the first move or combat. I saw some white lines too, but when I advanced the game to the next turn everything looked fine.

I also noticed that you must be running an old version of the game since I got several checksum errors. I would propose you upgrade to GS v3.1 or make a reinstall. It could be your opponent is playing a different version that you. If so then both of you need to ensure you run on the same version. I wonder if you have a version conflict issue here. Do you get messages about checksum errors every turn you receive files from your opponent?
Arronax

Post by Arronax »

We are currently in a V3.0 game. We haven't upgraded because we didn't want to create problems for the current game and up until now have not had any difficulties. In our PBM game there are also white circles denoting where there has been a combat, but as you saw these disappear after the first combat (along with any arrows showing previous turns naval movement.)
The occurrence of the white circles happens even if I am playing against the AI. The white circles do not create any conflict in the game, so they aren't really a problem. I'm just not sure what they represent especially since the adjacent enemy units get them as well so it can't be a swapping feature.
Will be interested to see if this changes when we do update. I would also be interested to know which version the OP has as he is presumably seeing what I am.

Thanks for trying to discern this puzzle.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

I haven't seem them in any of my games and I don't think most people get them either. Therefore I wonder if you have an old version of some files conflicting. Any reason why you don't upgrade to GS v3.1? Maybe the problem will disappear then?

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”