where experience levels are shown?

PSP/DS/PC/MAC : WWII turn based grand strategy game

Moderators: firepowerjohan, Happycat, rkr1958, Slitherine Core

dippy
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by dippy »

so I guess I should contact cdv the german Publisher ??

also anyone know of changing the games language in
the settings.txt , or are their other settings /data that
needed to be taken into consideration ??
borsook79
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by borsook79 »

dippy wrote: also anyone know of changing the games language in
the settings.txt , or are their other settings /data that
needed to be taken into consideration ??
are you asking how to change the language of the game? You need to modify the settings file and also to actually have the txt files in the other language. I don't know whether the English files are distributed with other language versions.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
JHo

Post by JHo »

--Dippy--

i also tried to switch language to 1.
And trying to make it work i renamed the files in the "data" folder (e.g. terrain_eng.txt). But it was not running either.
Even worse after switching the language back to 6 the German version was not working anymore!

I had to reinstall!

For the problem with the experience, i already contacted CDV. The acknowledged my mail, but yet they have not commented on the problem!
I expect them to get an answer by next monday.
dippy

Post by dippy »

--JHo--

thanks for the info , and please keep me posted if cdv answers or comes up with a fix for the issue

-- language issue --
I also tried the same thing you did , but after looking through some java classes it seems the game also
gets its language from the CEAW.class file which also calls the SettingsData.class . maybe Ill try running them
through a java decompiler to see if it is possible to change it. The funny thing is though from what I can gather
from a quick look is that it is calling the System Language variable which is funny because I have Vista Ultimate 64
with the English Language Pack (My Desktop is all English but the Core is German) Even changing unicode , keyboard ,
regional settings with a fresh install doesn't help.. go figure. If I can find a workaround for the java.class issue I will let you
know.

It appears the original files are in english also except during install a few originals are missing like messages.txt , the installer pulls the
System Variable and installs the messages_ger.txt .. Even so if the workaround in the java classes works we would still have german
messages in the game ..

*edit*
Also inspection of the log files it seems cdv has passed the language=de option to the installer :( what I dont understand is why didnt they make a
multilingual release for the europeans ?? letting the user choose his language upon install ? Thats what most publishers are doing these days in the euro countries ..
firepowerjohan
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by firepowerjohan »

CDV only had rights for the German version, so they cannot release multi language version.
Johan Persson - Firepower Entertainment
Lead Developer of CEAW, CNAW and World Empires Live (http://www.worldempireslive.com)
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

Well, after adding the txt files I could change the language of my English version to French with no problems, it worked just fine. I did not modify any java files.
"Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - G.B. Shaw
dippy

Post by dippy »

ok thanks for the information , could anyone be so kind to send me the english text files ?
Ryben
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Ryben »

I´ve been informed this morning that the bug has been detected by the developers and it´s going to be fixed in the next patch (at least for the Friendware spanish version).

Urrraahhh!!!
JHo

Post by JHo »

I got the answer from CDV

"Sehr geehrter Herr,

ich habe die von Ihnen geschilderten Probleme an die Entwickler weitergeleitet. Laut aussage der Entwickler wurde das Problem gefunden und soll im nächsten Patch behoben werden.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
CDV-Support"

But i ask myself, who are the "developers"? Slitherine or CDV ones?
If they refer to patch 1.06, i cannot install it!

If this company works like the ordinary ones:
I will never get my exp-icons!
borsook79

Post by borsook79 »

JHo wrote: But i ask myself, who are the "developers"? Slitherine or CDV ones?
If they refer to patch 1.06, i cannot install it!
You cannot install 1.06 because IIRC 1.06 for other languages is not ready yet, just wait a bit and when it appears it will fix the problem (it is listed in the 1.06 changelog). As far as I understand this - Slitherine/Firepower did their part already, you just have to wait for the German publisher doing the translation of the patch.
SinoStar
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re:

Post by SinoStar »

dippy wrote: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:50 am I also tried the same thing you did , but after looking through some java classes it seems the game also
gets its language from the CEAW.class file which also calls the SettingsData.class . maybe Ill try running them
through a java decompiler to see if it is possible to change it.
It should likely be possible. Online .class decompiler is probably the easiest option.
Peter Stauffenberg
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Re: where experience levels are shown?

Post by Peter Stauffenberg »

I don't think this problem is relevant anymore with Grand Strategy 4.0. All languages have the same file there. XP dots should work in GS 4.0

Return to “MILITARY HISTORY™ Commander - Europe at War : General Discussion”