Campaign 2018

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

LordNytram
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Re: Campaign 2018

Post by LordNytram »

One further point in favour of 900pts, the new rules make impact much more viscious and this really speeds the games along with non skirmisher armies. Raising the points to 900, given the increase in the cost of superior troops, allows a lot of toys to continue to be fielded and provides for a full weekend of competition.
philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 »

IMO it just allows more ICs, which drag the game out again
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
petedalby
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by petedalby »

Please let us know what you decide but we've all entered on the basis of what has been published. To move the goalposts at such a late stage is less than ideal.

Most of us were at Roll Call - why wasn't it broached then?
Pete
dave_r
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by dave_r »

I think half the problem is that we are still using v2 lists with v3 rules. I've had a look at the new army book 2 and there are not many armies that can have the numbers of superior cavalry that we saw at the weekend and most are forced to have two or three BG of average cavalry as well.

At 800 pts most games are over after 2.5 hours, with most armies being 11 or 12 BG's. I'd prefer a competition where only around 50% games complete - I think that's ideal and I also don't want just five hours gaming per day.

That being said, I guess we'll have to monitor the situation to see how it goes - but at the moment I quite like the 900 pts format, but if we just end up with wall to wall infantry then that is not ideal at all.
Evaluator of Supremacy
madaxeman

Post by madaxeman »

FWIW a 50% game completion rate would make AM the least “decisive” (aka “the slowest”) Ancients set on the circuit by quite some margin, which seems an unlikely thing for V3 to be aiming to achieve. If most games are over after 2.5 hours surely the thing to do is swap to 3+2 games per weekend at 2.5 hours each? ADLG and FoGR 25mm both ran to this format at the weekend, Saturday was a bit of a rush for the players in the 1-2 games per round that went the distance but otherwise it was OK.

If your games are ending too quickly for your liking it might also be partly because you are winning them too easily...

Challenge has been set currently for 3 x 3 hour games at 850 points so if this weekend suggests that needs to be rethought also it’s prbably best to do so sooner rather than later.
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

Points are to stay at 900 for all periods
phil
putting the arg into argumentative, except for the lists I check where there is no argument!
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Thanks Phil.
Challenge has been set currently for 3 x 3 hour games at 850 points so if this weekend suggests that needs to be rethought also it’s prbably best to do so sooner rather than later.
I was always nervous that 3 hours was insufficient time but let's run with the Challenge as planned. I will be in touch this weekend Tim with a small tweak to the permitted lists but this has been discussed with the majority of players already entered.
Pete
madaxeman

Post by madaxeman »

petedalby wrote:
Thanks Phil.
I was always nervous that 3 hours was insufficient time but let's run with the Challenge as planned. I will be in touch this weekend Tim with a small tweak to the permitted lists but this has been discussed with the majority of players already entered.
OK - if you can get any changes to me before Thursday night that'd be good, as I'm away in Patras this weekend from Friday morning onwards so will struggle to get time to post any updates
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Not a problem Tim. I discussed the proposal with most of the players who've entered and agreed a deadline of Friday on the proposed wording. So enjoy Patras and I'll have it ready for you when you get back.
Pete
petedalby

Post by petedalby »

Please send lists to this email address

campaignphil@bhgs.org.uk
Phil - what is the deadline for lists?
Pete
philqw78

DEADLINE

Post by philqw78 »

Deadline for Lists is 29 April

If your source list has been subject to amendments, e.g. Page 140: TABLE "ANCIENT BRITISH AND CALEDONIAN" Allied Commanders: CHANGE "1-3" to "*1-3", in the official errata please supply the reference

This will save both you and me time

Lists to
campaignphil@bhgs.org.uk
phil
philqw78

List Amendments

Post by philqw78 »

The Wizard's Sleeve theme is using some version 1 lists amended by version 2 rules for a version 3 competition

I am happy that if using the OLD list books you may use version 2 rule amendments to those lists. For example: 1/2 Lance 1/2 bow Byzantine Cavalry may have the Bw* capability as referenced in V2 rules

Please remember when sending your list in that if it is subject to official amendment to tell me where that amendment is

E-Mail for Lists
campaignphil@bhgs.org.uk
phil
philqw78

ARMY LISTS

Post by philqw78 »

I have had one list so far. I sent it back, not because it was wrong but because I am kind (He had only used 800 points)

Please Please

Deadline for Lists is 29 April

If your source list has been subject to amendments, e.g. Page 140: TABLE "ANCIENT BRITISH AND CALEDONIAN" Allied Commanders: CHANGE "1-3" to "*1-3", in the official errata please supply the reference

This will save both you and me time

Lists to
campaignphil@bhgs.org.uk
phil
philqw78

Post by philqw78 »

Full R&R are now up in the Tournaments area
phil

Return to “Tournaments & Opponents”