Hits from firing

Moderators: philqw78, terrys, hammy, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

MalcolmBooth
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Hits from firing

Post by MalcolmBooth »

This may have been covered but the search function keeps timing out, and it's also possible that it will be clarified/changed in 2nd edition, but...
On page 54, in the 'Result of firing' table, the result for 1 or 2 hits is split, with one saying 'CMT to advance' and the other 'Cavalry and any wavering unit must retire to 3MU if closer'
Does this mean:
1. Cavalry and any wavering unit have a mandatory retire to 3MU, all other units must pass a CMT to advance, remaining stationery if they fail, or
2. All units must take a CMT to advance; cavalry and wavering units which fail must retire to 3MU, all other units remain stationery

Also, the 4+ hits cohesion loss is starred, presumably this means -2 cohesion unless all fire is outside short range, in which case it become -1 cohesion

The 1/2 hits 'Cavalry and any wavering unit...' result is starred, but I'm not sure why

And a Happy New Year to all
Chris123
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Hits from firing

Post by Chris123 »

I have tended to play that the outcome as your no. 2 above except that: As you say cav and wavering which fail retire to 3MU. Infantry also. This is because the 'CMT to advance' in the table I believe should be read 'CMT to Contact'. ie if the CMT is passed (spending a CP) the charging unit ends in contact with charged unit. If failed the charger stops/retires to 3MU from the charged unit, except cav with an artillery attachment have the option of stopping at 2MU. The 'star' in the table I believe is referring to this option for Cavalry - See first bullet at top of page 55. (Second star refers to second bullet top p55 re cav taking 4 hits).

This is however my opinion as I am not a moderator. In terms of the 2nd Edition there are a number of differences to all the above. I would recommend you get a copy if you can.
Chris123

Post by Chris123 »

PS my response above is in respect to fire at assaulting units only.
BrettPT
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by BrettPT »

This has been clarified and the tables re-written in v2.

Return to “Rules Questions”