Can you cancel a movement order

iOS, X360, PS3, PC and Android. Historical role playing strategy game set during the hundred years war.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

gwinn
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Can you cancel a movement order

Post by gwinn » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:40 pm

I received a copy of Great Battles Medieval for Christmas and I'm just starting to work through it. It's great. Brings back fond memories of Legion Arena. However, I'm struggling with one thing - is it possible to cancel a movement order for a unit after you've issued it but before it has completed?

The reason I ask this is that occasionally I issue a movement order (while the battle is paused) and then realise that I had the wrong unit selected or picked the wrong destination or whatever and as far as I can tell there is no way to cancel the order I just gave. If I give the same unit a new order it doesn't replace the first one but instead adds on as a following order. While discovering this I ended up with some units having a pipeline of three or four orders to work through. So, while you are in pause mode, is there a way to cancel/erase an order that you gave by mistake?

Thanks in advance.

Geoff.
Illiud Latine dici non potest.

pipfromslitherine
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by pipfromslitherine » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:02 pm

I believe that reselecting a unit will actually cancel all their current orders. That is, try selecting the same unit again. You can also individually cancel an order by right clicking on the destination point IIRC.

Cheers

Pip

gwinn

Post by gwinn » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:28 am

That worked.

Thanks for the very quick reply.
Illiud Latine dici non potest.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval”