Skills and tactics

iOS, X360, PS3, PC and Android. Historical role playing strategy game set during the hundred years war.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

SixtusIV
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Skills and tactics

Post by SixtusIV » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:38 am

One of the problems I'm having in choosing advancements for my soldiers is determining what is useful and what isn't. My units gain points after successful scenarios and then I get to choose from the available upgrades, seems simple; yet once chosen the upgrade appears in the skills/tactics bar of the unit in colors red, blueish, or grey. Some of the upgrades are obviously useful to a specific unit type and not another, while other upgrades are less obvious (for example, is Foyne (always red) good for all or just for swordsmen? How about Ward (grey)? Why would Pommel Strike be red but then after selected for horsemen using one handed weapon, grey or transparent-ish?). The manual isn't really enlightening. Any ideas?

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil » Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:44 am

The colours are only for grouping the skills in categories and have no effect. The tooltips tell you everything you need to know.

SixtusIV

Post by SixtusIV » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Okay, I see that the colors more or less represent groups of skills. It seems that once a skill is bought and is usable it shows up as a solid icon for that unit, however IF the skill is not currently usable the icon is transparent. But I have awarded Pommel Strike to my cavalry using a one handed sword, that seems to meet the tool tip conditions of usability--however skill icon is transparent and that would seem to suggest it is in fact not usable by mounted swordsmen.

_Augustus_
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by _Augustus_ » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:45 pm

Hi,

Again this is from dark corners of memory playing the game a year a go. Yes, I liked it so much that I still keep popping up on this forum from time to time to see what's up with the game.

One thing I quickly realized was that 1-handed sword and 1-handed weapon are two different weapon classes. So sounds like Pommel Strike is only for 1-h swords and not for 1-handed weapons. No pommels in axes. Sounds logical, eh.

_augustus_ //who is still to experience a multiplayer game. it would be interesting to see how the game lends itself to multiplayer.

Return to “HISTORY™ Great Battles Medieval”