Mixed Nationality Corps 1813-1814

Moderators: hammy, terrys, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

DuncA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Mixed Nationality Corps 1813-1814

Post by DuncA » Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:24 am

Some questions regarding the Mixed Nationality Corps.

Quote from Mixed Nationality Corps: “Divisions from these lists may only contain core units, but may also include Cossacks in mixed or cavalry divisions.”
Does this only count where Cossacks are listed under Optional Units, or can any list / nationality take Cossacks?

Quote from the Mixed Nationality Corps: "The chosen divisions must obey the special rules of their own lists, except that all minima are ignored."
Does this apply to the ally divisions and the non-ally divisions selected (i.e. The Corps Commander is Prussian, but you don’t have to take 12 bases of Landwehr)?

Quote from Maxima and Minima for Single Divisions: “All troop types with a compulsory minimum – after applying the above rule (divide minima by 3 etc) – retain their full maximum values. All other troop types have their maxima divided by 2 – rounding up.”
As you are ignoring all minima, does this mean that all maxima are divided by 2?

Thanks

deadtorius
General - Elite King Tiger

Re: Mixed Nationality Corps 1813-1814

Post by deadtorius » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Not sure on the Cossaks but I believe you can only choose troops from the core part of the list so if Cossaks are optional troops I don't think you can take them, like I said not sure on that one.

You only ignore the minima from the allied list. Your core division still obeys all its minimum and maximum unit limits as normal.

From what I gather, you ignore the minima if after dividing them you get less than 4 bases for a unit (since 4 is the smallest size you can have). You divide the maxima in the allied list only by two, that is the maximum of whatever type of allied units you can take from the list. It does cut down on the numbers of allied troop types you can take.

david53
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by david53 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:52 pm

deadtorius wrote: You only ignore the minima from the allied list. Your core division still obeys all its minimum and maximum unit limits as normal.
Not sure your right with this page 88 third sentence down right hand coloum...'The chosen divisions must obey the special rules of their own lists except that all minima are ignored. No where does it state core division dos'nt follow the no minimu rule.

deadtorius

Post by deadtorius » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:58 pm

Guess its interpretation, I read that "chosen divisions" referred to the allied division you chose, but I could be wrong. Perhaps we need to wait for an author reply on that one.

panda2
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by panda2 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:23 pm

A couple of additional thoughts.

The rules reducing minima and maxima p.159 only seem to apply where there are not specific instructions in the list (see the last sentence of the first paragraph). Since in this case there are instructions I would say the reduction in maxima for the permitted troop types can be ignored.

On Cossaks, I'd agree with deadtorius. The natural reading, I think, is that they are except from the requirement that only core troops are available and therefore if they are available only as an option in a particular list they may be taken nonetheless.

On whether the provision that minima can be ignored applies to all the division or only the allied division, I'm inclined to agree with David. The key thing is whether "These Division...." refers only to the allied divisions refered to in the immediately preceeding sentence or to all the divisions refered to in the paragraph. Both are arguable. However, in this case I'd be swayed by the fact that constructing a single division including all the minima required for a list designed for a whole corps would be exceedingly limiting and in some cases impossible. So I'd say the minima are ignored for all divisions in a mixed corp.

Three replies, three different answers. Probably doesn't help much!

Andy D

david53

Post by david53 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:08 pm

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=35271

Hi There

I thought Terry had answered this please follow link and follow the thread.

regards

terrys
Panzer Corps Team
Panzer Corps Team

Post by terrys » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Quote from Mixed Nationality Corps: “Divisions from these lists may only contain core units, but may also include Cossacks in mixed or cavalry divisions.”
Does this only count where Cossacks are listed under Optional Units, or can any list / nationality take Cossacks?
Any division of any nationality may include cossacks - although this will only be one unit per division apart from the Russian Cavalry Corps.
Quote from the Mixed Nationality Corps: "The chosen divisions must obey the special rules of their own lists, except that all minima are ignored."
Does this apply to the ally divisions and the non-ally divisions selected (i.e. The Corps Commander is Prussian, but you don’t have to take 12 bases of Landwehr)?
It applies to ALL divisions, whether allied or non-allied. This basically means that you can have any mix of core units in the division, and you don’t have to take the 12 bases of Landwehr in a Prussian division. However, you still have to take a Landwehr unit in each Prussian infantry or mixed division since that’s part of the lists special rules.
Quote from Maxima and Minima for Single Divisions: “All troop types with a compulsory minimum – after applying the above rule (divide minima by 3 etc) – retain their full maximum values. All other troop types have their maxima divided by 2 – rounding up.”
As you are ignoring all minima, does this mean that all maxima are divided by 2?
Although the minima are ignored for selecting units, they still exist as far as the calculation for the maxima are concerned, so that any unit with a minima of 4 or less (2 for artillery) have their maxima halved, other units retain their full maximum.

Return to “Army Design”