Field of Glory Tabletop Rankings Live!

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

timmy1
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by timmy1 »

I don't think it is in your ranking. The two reasons I can see why it might not be there are:

1: the different points per game

2: Si (or whoever) has not reported the results with a listing of armies and/or opponents by round.

Regards
Tim
Ghaznavid
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Ghaznavid »

Or 3, he send them to Hammy, who might have forgotten them or more likely decided they are unusable if a different scoring system was used (which might or might not be correct).

Only one way to find out ... JAMES... you know your job, get us those results please. :)
Karsten

~ We are not surrounded, we are merely in a target rich environment. ~
Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid »

As I'm almost done to add a 'Theme' Field to the Hall of Honour Tournament display I'm encountering some deficiencies as to the theme infos provided for a good number of tournaments. If anyone can provide more specific info on the following themes I would greatly apreicate that:

Details on the Periods (i.e. books, time span, etc.) required for:
Alcoy 2008 ESP Classic and Medievals
Segovia 2008 ESP Torneo Juan Bravo
Zaragoza 2008 ESP Cesar Augusta
Warfare 2008 GBR - 15mm - Late
Warfare 2008 GBR - 25mm - was it themed?
IWC 2009 Brussel BEL Antique & Medieval
Hellas 1st Medieval 2009 GRE
Hellas 1st Dark Ages 2009 GRE
San Jose 2010 ESP Medieval
CoastCon 33 USA - 2010 Western Medieval Europe - info received
Cold Wars 2010 USA - The invitation had two themes: Armored knights theme, 1041 to 1149 AD and Empires of the Dragon before 577 AD, but it seems they were combined? - info received

In addition I notice we are also missing Scale (15 or 25 mm) info for the following tournaments:
Natcon 2008 NZ
Cold Wars 2008 USA - info received
Games Expo 2008 GBR
Bayou Wars 2008 USA - info received
Austin 2008 USA - info received
Fate of Rome 2008 USA - info received
Hubcon 2008 USA - info received
Brewer Sailor 2008 USA - info received
Craig Dobbins 2008 USA - info received
Gisclair 2008 USA - info received
Atlanta Autumn 2008 USA - info received
Scottish Open 2008 GBR
Cold Iron 2008 - Birmingham USA - info received
Cancon 2009 AUS
Strategos 2008 NZ
Empires 09 AUS

Edit: anoted the 'done' items.
Last edited by Ghaznavid on Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Karsten

berthier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by berthier »

The Specifics for the Coastcon 33 FOG Themed Tournament were as follows:

Theme based on Western Europe. The armies and allies allowed will be from Storm of Arrows, Oath of Fealty and Lost Scrolls with only 1250 A.D. to 1500 A.D. options.

Eligible lists from Storm of Arrows are:
HYW English (both), WOR English, Med. Welsh, L. Med, Scots (both), L. Scots Isles and Highlands, L. Anglo Irish, Med. Irish, Med. French, Ord. French, Free Company, L. Low Countries, Med. Burgundian, Burgundian Ord., Swiss, L. Med. German, L. Med. Danish, L. Med. Swedish, Condotta Italian (Milan or Generic Only)
Eligible lists from Oath of Fealty are:
Feudal French, Imperial German, Feudal German, Communal Italian, E. Scots Isles and Highland, Feudal Scots, Later Welsh, E. Med. Frisian and Other Free Cantons, Post-Viking Scandinavians, Early Plantagenet English, Middle Plantagenet English
Eligible lists from Lost Scrolls are:
Med. German City Leagues, L. Med. Feudal German, L. Med. Frisian or Dithmarschen

Christopher Anders
berthier

Post by berthier »

Karsten, All of these were 15mm Tournaments.

Fate of Rome 2008 USA
Hubcon 2008 USA
Brewer Sailor 2008 USA
Craig Dobbins 2008 USA
Gisclair 2008 USA
Atlanta Autumn 2008 USA
Cold Iron 2008 - Birmingham USA

Anything else?
Christopher Anders
Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid »

berthier wrote:Karsten, All of these were 15mm Tournaments.

Fate of Rome 2008 USA
Hubcon 2008 USA
Brewer Sailor 2008 USA
Craig Dobbins 2008 USA
Gisclair 2008 USA
Atlanta Autumn 2008 USA
Cold Iron 2008 - Birmingham USA
Thanks, does 'all of these' indicate the other 3 were 25 mm or that you just don't know?

berthier wrote: Anything else?
Yes, how the heck do I fit the CoastCon 33 theme into an 80 characters field? :shock:
Karsten

timmy1

Post by timmy1 »

Karsten

The commonly accepted English convention for boiling such down to a much shorter phrase is to use the word 'stuff'. As in if you were eventually to have FoG:AM, FoG:RW, FoG:N, and FoG:S&S, doubles and singles, scales, themes, active and lifetime histories and all the other things you have been asked for, rather than say that every time, you might say 'Martin and I do the FoG rankings stuff'. For CoastCon 33 you can either say 'Western Europe, 1250 A.D. to 1500 A.D stuff', or more simply 'some stuff'. You always have the option to reduce it to the simple 'stuff'. It conveys that the full description is too long to repeat every time but that there was more provided.
Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid »

Thanks... I settled for: "West-Europe from Storm of Arrows, Oath of Fealty + Lost Scrolls 1250-1500" if anyone has a better idea... stuff sounds to much like turkey for me though. ;)

Btw. the 24 month limit is now active, currently it affects just 19 players though.
There is an additional checkbox on the players ranking page that allows you to view the full list, including those players that did not play any tournaments in the last 24 months.
Karsten

peterrjohnston
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by peterrjohnston »

Have you got day 2 from Athens yet Karsten by any chance? After day 1 looked interestingly poised...
berthier

Post by berthier »

Ghaznavid wrote: Thanks, does 'all of these' indicate the other 3 were 25 mm or that you just don't know?

Yes, how the heck do I fit the CoastCon 33 theme into an 80 characters field? :shock:
More like, the ones I gave you were from the Gulf Coast Championship and I had all of their information as the GCC Coordinator. I believe for the most part all of the others may have been 15mm but they sometimes also have 25mm events in other places so I did not want to speak for them.

I think what you came up with for Coastcon sounds reasonable.

Christopher Anders
Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid »

peterrjohnston wrote:Have you got day 2 from Athens yet Karsten by any chance? After day 1 looked interestingly poised...
Well that one is difficult. Actually Martin entered those from Athens. I hadn't noticed and knowing him in Athens and presumably busy otherwise took the opportunity for some maintenance and extension works on the database. To that end I DL it, modified it locally, tested it and reupped. So even if Martin entered the 2nd day results they have been overwritten. I'm pretty sure he will input the full results tonight though.
Karsten

Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid »

berthier wrote:
Ghaznavid wrote: Thanks, does 'all of these' indicate the other 3 were 25 mm or that you just don't know?
More like, the ones I gave you were from the Gulf Coast Championship and I had all of their information as the GCC Coordinator. I believe for the most part all of the others may have been 15mm but they sometimes also have 25mm events in other places so I did not want to speak for them.
IC, thanks. I guess I will flag that posting for Marc then. :)
Karsten

Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid »

Just noticed we are also missing more detailed info on how the themes in Derby last year were structured:

Derby - Old Glory World Team Championships 09 - Classical
Derby - Old Glory World Team Championships 09 - European Medieval
Derby - Old Glory World Team Championships 09 - Middle East & The Crusades
Karsten

Ghaznavid

Player Rankings now with custom date range

Post by Ghaznavid »

Hi all,

I just uploaded a modified version of the Player Rankings.

The Player Rankings page now includes a 'more options' box. It contains the already familiar functions 'Show points in addition to the ELO-Score.' and 'Show all players, even those that did not play any tournaments in the last 24 months.' What's new is the option to give a date range for the Player Rankings.
If a date range is entered only the results from tournaments that fall inside the given date range will be considered for creating the ranking list.

Currently there is one restriction. It is not possible to have a ranking list with custom dates that also shows the total and average points as well. This is due to both being high load operations for the server, so I'm reluctant to allow both at the same time. (Also implementing the points thingy in combination with custom dates is a bit tricky. So even if the server bears the load well it might be a bit before I get around to that. Unless we get lots of requests for it.)
Karsten

timmy1

Post by timmy1 »

Karsten

Thank you for that.

I don't know if it was intended but now when I click on a country (e.g. Pete Dalby is a player of country 'Great Britian') from the player rankings, the country display is entirely in German. Is it possible for the page to retain the original langauge used?

Regards
Tim
Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid »

No, obviously that wasn't intended. It's a side effect of me building the new page in German first and testing it for a few days on the German site. Given the scope of the changes it was far easier to redo the translation then to try and modify the English page. Seems I missed changing some the links while redoing the translation.
Should be fixed now, thanks.
Karsten

timmy1

Post by timmy1 »

Thanks, that makes sense. Seems to work now
babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark »

timmy1 wrote:Karsten

Thank you for that.

I don't know if it was intended but now when I click on a country (e.g. Pete Dalby is a player of country 'Great Britian') from the player rankings, the country display is entirely in German. Is it possible for the page to retain the original langauge used?

Regards
Tim
It is part of Karsten's--exquisitely subtle--plan to bring the German team to victory at the ITC in Lisbon this September.

Marc
timmy1

Post by timmy1 »

Marc

I thought Karsten's exquisitely subtble plan for Germany to win the ITC was to rig the draw so that they played the American team in all 4 rounds...

Regards
Tim
Ghaznavid

Post by Ghaznavid »

Would probably not suffice to win as the ITC is 6 rounds IIRC. That and the sad fact that there won't be a German team. :(
Karsten

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”