Field of Glory Campaign Rules Published in Slingshot

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: terrys, hammy, philqw78, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

vakarr
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Field of Glory Campaign Rules Published in Slingshot

Post by vakarr »

(apologies for cross-posting) Hi, I have published a set of campaign rules for FoG called "Clash of Iron, Flash of Bronze" in the latest Slingshot (Slingshot 267). It allows for up to 28 player and non-player countries. It starts in 350 BC and (as well as 15 Thracian tribes) includes all the usual suspects from the Romans to the Persians (it is slightly anachronistic). If you would like an electronic copy of the rules I would be happy to supply them. A high resolution copy of the map is available from the Society of Ancients web site.

I would also like to know if anybody might be interested in helping me develop a database to run the campaign.

Cheers,

Chris Webber
Derdertkd95
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Derdertkd95 »

I would love an electronic copy

How can I arrange for one?
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

Send me a PM with your email address and I'll email them to you. I may also post them in the Files section of the Yahoo! Thracian group. Note: The map shown on the back cover of Slingshot was created specially for Slingshot. To get that map you have to be a member of the Society of Ancients (I can send you a different map though). If you are not a member of the SOA then I thoroughly recommend it.
jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm »

Hi Guys

I think this would be a good resource to put on the FOG site. What do you thimk?. If interested drop me a PM

Regards
JDM
vakarr

Post by vakarr »

Sounds great, I will have to get permission from Slingshot first, though. I would like to see some discussion generated about possible campaign rules and software (eg an Access database) to run such a campaign.

Chris
jdm
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by jdm »

Ok Chris

Please advise when you have cleared it

We are happy to give SOA a credit and report feedback to them. Maybe you could offer a follow up article if debate generates sufficient dialogue

bEST rEGARDS
jdm
chubooga
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by chubooga »

Im interested....PM sent

cheers
jon
Derdertkd95
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Derdertkd95 »

Did you by any chance get my PM? i'm not sure if it sent or not

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”