Sparabara

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

caliban66
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Sparabara

Post by caliban66 » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:18 pm

Greetings, and pleased to meet you all, fair people. I??m a spanish proto-DBM player, and I??m currently raising an E.A. Persian. I knew about AoW before starting with DBM, but knowing that it will use the same basing, I??m looking fordward this game is avaible! Anyway, I would like to know how the sparabara (currently Bw(X) infantry) will be represented in AoW. I??ve read both design philosophy and sample list, and I guess it will be something like Medium infantry/undrilled/Protected/Bow/ligh spear/-. Has anyone already tested this army?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Sparabara

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:40 pm

caliban66 wrote:Greetings, and pleased to meet you all, fair people. I??m a spanish proto-DBM player, and I??m currently raising an E.A. Persian. I knew about AoW before starting with DBM, but knowing that it will use the same basing, I??m looking fordward this game is avaible! Anyway, I would like to know how the sparabara (currently Bw(X) infantry) will be represented in AoW. I??ve read both design philosophy and sample list, and I guess it will be something like Medium infantry/undrilled/Protected/Bow/ligh spear/-. Has anyone already tested this army?
The exact representation has not yet been decided, but
1) There will be no rebasing required - except there is no compulsory "double-basing" in AoW and you will need some single bases for base removal.
2) The classification is currently as you state. Immortals are Medium Foot/Superior/Drilled/Armoured or Protected/Bow/Light Spear/-

I have played several test games against EA Persian and can testify that it is a very effective army under AoW.

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”