Routing Units

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Routing Units

Post by philqw78 » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:08 pm

How are routing units treated once they have broken and started to flee towards their base line? It would seem strange that if a unit broke near the enemy base line it could rout all the way back to its own before dissappearing and becoming lost. This would give a much greater chance of rallying Heavy Foot as they would move more slowly toward their base line, thus getting much more chance to rally or be rallied and not being any worse off than when they first broke if there was not some sort of attrition whilst they routed.

phil

hammy
Field of Glory Team
Field of Glory Team

Post by hammy » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:46 pm

A BG that is routing only loses bases if it is being pursued. If there is a pursuing BG in contact (which is a lot more likely when heavy foot rout) the routing BG loses a base every phase and will rapidly reach the point where it can never rally.

Rallying a routing BG is not a common occurence. Even with a reasonably healthy routing BG it requires a general and a 9 or better. If the routers have taken 25% losses or more then a 10 is needed as long as the routers have not reached their autobreak level (which varies by troop quality).

I think that in a dozen games I have rallied perhaps 6 BG's and my opponents have managed about the same.

Hammy

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”