more questions, plz answer

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

coldknight
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

more questions, plz answer

Post by coldknight » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:00 pm

I would like to know what periods there are for AoW, because once i do get a job, and have time, i would like to join in this, this seems to be a pretty cool thing.
another question, when you do state the periods, could you please like underline or make bold the ones that are irish and german please
Thanks for helping ;)

philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:32 pm

The currently most popular rule set covers about 350 different armies over a period of 4500 years, 3000BC to 1500AD(CE). These are split into 4 periods, roughly: biblical/bronze age, hard to find anything written by or about the Germans or Irish then; classical/iron age, they had the Romans to write about them and fight them so a number of German armies and a couple of Irish; Dark Ages, started writing about themselves and evidence gets easier to find so again a few of both; Medieval; lots more evidence and more armies. The armies generally, have Irish or Geman in the title of the army. There are also, normally, historical notes explaining the armies saying where they come from, who commanded them, what they did etc. But it would be unfair to us English if only the Irish and German armies were underlined, let alone the Greeks, Italians, Turks, Russians, Slavs, Mongols etc

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”