Late Scots Isles and Highlands - Generals?

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Moderators, Field of Glory Design

wato
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Late Scots Isles and Highlands - Generals?

Post by wato » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:09 am

Whilst waiting for the Viking list to come out I thought I might give the Scots Isles and Highlands a run, more for fun than with any great expectations of success. I've only played a couple of games (with cavalry armies) so far. Any thoughts on generals - should I go for an IC to help it cope with Cohesion tests or max out on TCs and get even more 'average' troops and just about ensure first move? Is the Highlanders' Bow* any good? Are Islesmen better as spears or heavy weapon?

Will I get minced using an entirely 'average' army?

Thanks for any advice...

philqw78
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus
Chief of Staff - Elite Maus

Post by philqw78 » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:18 am

Because this army has in effect no skirmishers there is no way to protect them from the enemy's shooting. Therefore IMO you must take an IC. I would take the Islemen as heavy weapon. The Highlanders are very good terrain troops, that can also make a difference at a distance, perhaps forcing things to come in and get them. As for being average never mind the quality feel the width.

Quintus
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Quintus » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:39 pm

I'd be very interested in people's thoughts on this too - especially those with experience with these hairy bare-legged types. I am waiting for a batch of Highlanders to arrive so that I can at last begin painting my Lord of the Isles army.

I hope all that painting will be worth it.

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”