Empires of the Dragon

General discussion forum for anything related to Field of Glory Ancients & Medieval.

Moderators: hammy, Slitherine Core, Field of Glory Design, Field of Glory Moderators

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:47 am

I think the book has more interesting research and variety than people are giving it credit for.

Lots of MF to be sure, but that is not a big deal.

Some fun looking stuff...except Chola.

babyshark
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by babyshark » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:29 am

hazelbark wrote:I think the book has more interesting research and variety than people are giving it credit for.

Lots of MF to be sure, but that is not a big deal.

Some fun looking stuff...except Chola.
I agree. I am very pleased with the historical blurbs.

I plan to purchase an army from the book in the near future. That means, Hazelbark, that you need to start panicking about which dog I will purchase and insist on running in the US Teams. :shock:

Marc

ravenflight
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by ravenflight » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:45 am

<sarcasm>

After borrowing a copy of Empires of the Dragon from a friend, I was horrified to see that some of the photographs included Samurai with Sashimono :shock:. After ranting for hours to uninterested parties, I took a pair of scissors to the book to fix this horrible out of period abomination. Who ever did the research for these books should be fired. It's absolutely disgusting to see such things. You might as well have Gothic Armoured Knights in Oath of Fealty :? . Sorry to Geoff for my 'repair work', but at least your copy of Empires of the Dragon is now historically more accurate.

</sarcasm>

hazelbark
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by hazelbark » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:51 am

babyshark wrote:
I plan to purchase an army from the book in the near future. That means, Hazelbark, that you need to start panicking about which dog I will purchase and insist on running in the US Teams. :shock:
As long as your luck continues to be superior to other teams.

davem
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by davem » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:28 am

Typo alert!
P 128, Mongol Conquest, Other Mongol Cavalry.
Armour is given as "average". Obviously it was meant to be in the Quality column as the points given match.

irondog068
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by irondog068 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:07 pm

Fear not,
My next army is Germans from oath of Fealty in Gothic plate because,well I like it. And soon as I get the book I will have a 800 point 28mm Samuari army. Mind you they are all for the Senjko peroid and I will have too call all my teppo yumi. But no onw will mind.

Irondog

ravenflight

Post by ravenflight » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:26 am

davem wrote:Typo alert!
P 128, Mongol Conquest, Other Mongol Cavalry.
Armour is given as "average". Obviously it was meant to be in the Quality column as the points given match.
Maybe the armour is of average quality :?: :lol:

daleivan
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by daleivan » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:42 pm

Back after an absence and wanted to throw in my two taels on Empires of the Dragon. Very well done book. The longer write-ups for each list are great, love the historical details. I also like the larger book covering such a large span.

Definitely a book for MF infantry. Also enjoy the elephant armies (always partial to the nellies :D The pre-samurai lists are a nice addition as are the Three Kingdoms and Norther Dynasties.

Thanks guys for another great book, possibly my favorite!

Dale

Cerberias
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Cerberias » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:50 pm

Played a game with a Warring states army, very manouverable and it packs a nice punch, since everything in the army is average you can afford cheap rear support (comparitively), and still have enough bg's to provide a nice frontage and skirmishers too. Very fun army to play tactically, not a 'line up and hit things' army though, requires some nice forethought to play i'd imagine.

Return to “Field of Glory : Ancient & Medieval Era 3000 BC-1500 AD : General Discussion”