Capital Cities

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

azpops
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Capital Cities

Post by azpops » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:45 am

Is there such thing as a capital city? If so is there any type of marking to indicate it? I know you can have one headquarters per faction which gives some benefits, but is that all there is? Other than losing the headquarters, what effects does it have on the faction. Is there a morale penalty for losing your capital? Is there a production or monetary penalty for losing it? What does the capturing party gain from capturing the headquarters or capital city, if there is such a thing? Throughout history the loss of a nations capital is often followed my severe morale, production, and monetary loss as these things tend to be centered in or near the capital. Other than you've captured another city, there doesn't seem to be any other reason to put effort into taking a factions headquarters, or at least none I can see.

whaleberg
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Capital Cities

Post by whaleberg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:53 am

Do you have any idea what happens if your headquarters gets captured? It hasn't happened to me yet so I'm just not sure. If you just have no headquarters and every city suffers a large frontier penalty, then that would be pretty crippling. If it just gets moved to another city, then that's not much of a problem.

Currently capturing cities doesn't really give you anything other than the city. Obviously, that is the main reward, but it it might be nice to have spoils of war as well, captured resources, tech, etc.

azpops

Post by azpops » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:11 am

whaleberg wrote:Do you have any idea what happens if your headquarters gets captured? It hasn't happened to me yet so I'm just not sure. If you just have no headquarters and every city suffers a large frontier penalty, then that would be pretty crippling. If it just gets moved to another city, then that's not much of a problem.
No, I don't know what happens when a headquarters gets captured. I've never lost mine either, but I have taken over several factions in games so far and have seen no effects from losing their capital or headquarters as I don't know which one it is. Every city is the same. There is no telling which has the headquarters in it. If there were a reward for capturing the headquarters then it would make some sense to make a greater effort to capture that city.

whaleberg

Post by whaleberg » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:42 am

It would even be nice if there was a little popup that said "You've captured their capital, that hurts them right in their economy!" It's very hard to notice things like moral and economic damage happening to the AI, especially since there is no spy system to tell how much they're producing. So even if losing their capital was devastating them, I'm really not sure you'd be able to tell.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”