Giskler's big list of bugs & etc (0.15.2) *updated*

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

Giskler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Giskler's big list of bugs & etc (0.15.2) *updated*

Post by Giskler » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:07 pm

Same as my thread for suggestions, I will maintain a thread listing all bugs, crashes and technical issues I run into.

These suggestions are based on beta version 0.15.2. Latest updates in red.

Bugs:
  • Orbital Deployment lacks a targeting reticle which leads you to believe it's not working. Also uses left mouse button instead of right mouse button. (Fixed in 0.15.2)
  • Navigating cities in the city management screen is bugged. It will jump to random cities instead of the order they were founded. (Fixed in 0.15.2)
  • Devourers are listed as a waterborne unit, but they appear to be flying above water. Not sure if it's intended or a glitch.
Technical Issues:
  • Economy screen freezes up whenever you sort it by a different criteria and whenever you try to adjust the Tax Rate slider or lock one of the colonist task bars. (Greatly improved in 0.15.2, unlocking/locking colonist allocation still freezes the game for a split second )
  • The game lags sometimes when you create a new game. Have been able to fix it by alt-tabing in and out of the game.
Crashes:
  • Game crashes when you select multiple units in a stack and order them to attack an enemy. I have reproduced this several times.
  • Game crashes when you try to navigate cities via the arrows on the city management screen. Reproduced multiple times. (Seems fixed in 0.15.2, unable to reproduce)
Last edited by Giskler on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.

SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Re: Giskler's big list of bugs/technical issues (0.14.5)

Post by SephiRok » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:14 pm

Drop pods are usable in a different way, check the Drop Pod's hover hint for more info.

If you have a save game for research victory bug, it would be very helpful.

Game lags are most likely you running low on vram, try lowering texture quality.

For crashes please post logs and save games.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

Giskler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Giskler » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:56 pm

SephiRok wrote:Drop pods are usable in a different way, check the Drop Pod's hover hint for more info.
I understand how it works. I have tried using the Orbital Deployment button and it doesn't activate. Drop pods are also greyed out in the operations list, but I don't know if that's relevant.

Edit: I figured out why I was so stumped on it. Orbital Deployment doesn't have a targeting reticle which led me to believe it was bugged. It's working, but a reticle should be added. Also, it uses left mouse button instead of right mouse button which all the other operations use. This is counter-intuitive.
SephiRok wrote:If you have a save game for research victory bug, it would be very helpful.
I will post save games and logs for this in this thread later.
SephiRok wrote:Game lags are most likely you running low on vram, try lowering texture quality.
I will play around with settings and see if it has any effect.
SephiRok wrote:For crashes please post logs and save games.
See above reply.

Giskler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Giskler » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:09 pm

Attached are my log files and the save game where I encountered the city navigating crash, unit stack crash and research victory bug.
Attachments
save.rar
(77.24 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Logs.rar
(39.45 KiB) Downloaded 48 times

SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok » Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:38 pm

For me you have achieved the research victory in this save, it seems you just opted to continue playing once the game over panel came up. You can read "(VICTORY!)" by the turn number.

I have not been able to reproduce the city navigation or unit stack crashes.

Regardless, I've fixed a few inconsistencies with city navigation and research progress calculation. Will be published with the next version.

Thanks,
Rok
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

Giskler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Giskler » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:23 pm

Yes, I kept playing. The bug was that the tool tip says victory occurs at 75% of all research completed, which I passed and when the counter reached 100% the victory triggered. I was at that point about 2/3 through the third tier of research and by no means finished. I will test again with the new version once I get home.

SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:29 pm

The counter % that goes up is the progress towards the 75 % required. So 50 % would mean you are half way to getting 75 % techs.

Regards,
Rok
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

Giskler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Giskler » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:48 pm

Ah ok, now I understand. Maybe the tool tip should be clarified so its less confusing.

Giskler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Giskler's big list of bugs/technical issues (0.15.2)

Post by Giskler » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 pm

Updated for 0.15.2. Great to see things improved so fast!

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”