Air Power?

Moderators: Pandora Moderators, Pandora Moderators

madjoseph
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Air Power?

Post by madjoseph » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi, I've been playing Pandora since 1.38 and having quite a bit of fun. Due to the number of frequent updates, I seldom finish a game before starting a new one. So perhaps I've missed them somehow, but are there air units? I'd like to see a few, a general scout, fighter, bomber, and troop transport. That begs the question of a flying alien as well. Also, seems like once planetary bombardment is reached, an orbital satellite would give a greater picture of what's on the ground and reduce the fog of war in some respects. If not the location of aliens, but mineral deposits and other factions.

I agree with the posts commenting on being able to upgrade water tiles as well. That could go deeper perhaps. Perhaps a submersible former capable of upgrades on the ocean floor as well as on the surface. This, like air power, could open up new aspects of gameplay. Great game already, off to play. :)

bannor55

Re: Air Power?

Post by bannor55 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:20 pm

Yes, there are air units available further down the tech tree. Only been that far once, and never produced one, so can't tell you the capabilities, though I suspect they would be fighter class. There is also a research option that allows you to drop troops behind enemy lines.

Wildfire
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Air Power?

Post by Wildfire » Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:12 pm

First airframe you can get is the "Strike Aircraft'
-Airborne light mechanical unit

With lance gun (base gun) and no armor (you would most likely have steel or other by now) but for base info:
Power 4 (with steel armor 5, with titanium armor 6, w/ zortium armor 7)
Movement 4
Sight 2
Upkeep 3 credit/month
Production 48 (steel - 60, titanium 72, zortium 84)

With pulse laser upgrade weapon:
Power 6 (steel 7, titanium 8, zortium 9)
Production 72 (steel 84, titanium, 96, zortium 108)

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”