Expanded diplomacy/planetary council/diplomatic victory

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

Giskler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Expanded diplomacy/planetary council/diplomatic victory

Post by Giskler » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:07 pm

Currently the diplomacy in the game is really underwhelming and I would love for it to be expanded with a lot more options for trade and intimidation. I would also love to see some from of planetary council, hell one of the technologies even hints at something like this. This is a big part of what I really miss in this spiritual successor to SMAC. The planetary council should be tied into a diplomatic victory where you unite the planet (maybe against an outside enemy :wink: ) under your benevolent rule.
Last edited by Giskler on Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wildfire
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Expanded dimplomacy/planetary council/diplomatic victory

Post by Wildfire » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:02 pm

Yes, several of the higher research tiers point towards this, and definitely right in the diplomacy. I don't think every conversation has to do with "You send me stuff, I send you stuff, end of story." I'm pretty sure if a President calls another faction President (or leader type here) then if they don't say anything, that would make the other leader suspicious. Don't you get suspicious if someone calls and doesn't really say anything? I know I do. This should log somewhere and keep track. Too many no choice calls will anger the other leader and lead to war (eventually), going thru the few diplomacy states available - I haven't seen them all, but I know it shows leader (cooperative, angry, fury, etc) next to their names, so I know more than a few states of mind.

For the last part planetary council / diplomatic victory would be very good relationship. I like the aliens or "bigger than us" events - planet has incoming asteroid that now you want to leave this new eden paradise, etc, or something along these lines. This could be played up in an expansion pack or a lead up to "Pandora 2 - You've Been Here A While" (this is probably why I'm not allowed to name things), but I think this would be an excellent add-on feature for expansion, but definitely need some love for the initial game considering the tech is already there to research, but you don't do much with it.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”