Combat AI (0.16.0)

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

Giskler
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Combat AI (0.16.0)

Post by Giskler » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:33 am

I noticed in the new version that the AI is massing units more for attacks, but it's being incredibly stupid if it's attacking from another continent. I had 3-4 air units picking off transports unchallenged for a majority of the game I played.

Also Orbital Bombardment is ridiculously powerful against transports as it deals 2 damage and all transports have 1 health. My record is sinking a stack of 26 units in transports in a single bombardment. The AI needs to be wary of stacking up units while in transports or OB needs to be changed because it completely trivialises AI attacks from other continents.

Another thing I noticed is that the AI doesn't seem to use air units at all. I can't remember fighting against even a single one during an entire game that ended with a research victory. I was at war with all the AI's and they used all unit types except air units.

And, finally, the AI doesn't seem to know how to use operations effectively. I was throwing nukes at one of them regularly and they never retaliated even though they were in the 3rd era. I have never been bombared, never seen a scan and never had WMD's thrown at me. The only one I have seen them use is drop pods, and even that one they used stupidly by landing a huge pile of units on top of each other so I could nuke them out of existence. Operations are really cool, but they are really overpowered in the hands of the human player versus AI currently.

Wildfire
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Combat AI (0.16.0)

Post by Wildfire » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:49 pm

I finally saw an AI air unit built, but I stomped it in the city it was in before it could attack with it - not sure how long it was there before I pulled up.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”