Hot Seat game support

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

Wildfire
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Hot Seat game support

Post by Wildfire »

When Pandora goes live, will there be an option on game setup for a hot-seat game? Multi-human players on the same game computer? Just realized I didn't see where I could add another human player on game setup.
vv221
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Hot Seat game support

Post by vv221 »

I have to agree on this!
What's very good with turn-based strategy game is that they technically allow you to play with friends on one computer.
Not providing this feature would leave part of the fun out. It is not the same to play over a network, or all in front of the same computer, looking at your friend in the eyes while you're stabbing him when he's already attacked by the AI :twisted:

I guess you could do it by launching a server and multiple clients on one machine, but it would be quite a pain to achieve something that could be added to the base game.
Debian GNU/Linux « Sid » amd64
ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6670 (radeon free driver)
SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok »

I would love to add it, but I don't think we will have time for release. Hopefully after.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios
jdmillard
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by jdmillard »

SephiRok wrote:I would love to add it, but I don't think we will have time for release. Hopefully after.
Nice. I also would like this, along with a scenario editor.
vv221
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by vv221 »

SephiRok wrote:I would love to add it, but I don't think we will have time for release. Hopefully after.
Even if it doesn't go with the release for deadline reasons, I would love to see it in a future update.
IMHO, it is the best way to double the fun of the game!
Debian GNU/Linux « Sid » amd64
ATI/AMD Radeon HD 6670 (radeon free driver)
vv221
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by vv221 »

Bringing back this topic, as I’ve had some friends interested in Pandora now that a French translation has been added.
So, any news on this? Is hot seat multpilayer planned to be added at some point, or has the idea been dropped?
ErissN6
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by ErissN6 »

Them buy it, with the last patches (thanks for the german fan) it's an excellent game!
(before that, the last expansion had made it worst, for the devs didn't balance it enough).
dmantione
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by dmantione »

I can't speak for the developers, but I would say: There is no need for hotseat mode, because one can already do hotseat by launching the game multiple times.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”