Rebalance Victory Conditions?

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

Thorsz
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Rebalance Victory Conditions?

Post by Thorsz » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:20 pm

Way to easy to win by research. I know it can be turned off, but AI won via research twice despite getting it's tail kicked with multiple nuclear strikes per turn. Maybe some type of rebalance to make it more difficult on par with the other victory conditions?

neverlord
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Rebalance Victory Conditions?

Post by neverlord » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:35 pm

I also lost my first game to an AI research Victory, though it was to the dominant AI, I do feel that research victories should be complex and I am no sure what the level of complexity here is. Some clarification and perhaps a re-balance may be worth looking into, in my opinion

Wildfire
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Wildfire » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:19 pm

The victories are noted on the bottom of your screen. Hover mouse over Economy, Research and Military tabs. The victory conditions are as follows (I asked the same question when I started the beta as well):

Economy: "Accumulate enough credits to purchase 75% of other players' economies to win an economic victory." The percentage listed is your progress to 100% complete victory condition, not get to 75% and win - have to get to 100%.

Military: "Control 75% of Pandora's population in order to win a military victory." Again same percentage note applies. It's not military prowess and units - it is population that matters - why your AI's spam cities all over.

Research: Research 75% of all technologies in order to win a research victory." Again same note on percentage applies.

SephiRok
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Post by SephiRok » Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:28 pm

It could be that the cost of technologies just does not go up fast enough with each tier.
Rok Breulj
Designer and Programmer
Proxy Studios

azpops
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by azpops » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:40 pm

SephiRok wrote:It could be that the cost of technologies just does not go up fast enough with each tier.
I feel that the research is way too fast. The idea of increasing the cost in each tier makes sense to me. The more complex the technology, the longer it should take to research it.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”