Indigenous Life and other things

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

Thorsz
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Indigenous Life and other things

Post by Thorsz » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:06 pm

The alien species are a nice touch. Are there plans to expand the number of species? Make some more aggressive? What about herbivores that could be used as a food source like the Garden of Eden? What about diseases....Plagues? Some diseases could require a player to focus on research to keep the disease from spreading. It might even coerce enemies to work together. Are there plans to take the game to undersea colonies/resources?

Wildfire
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Indigenous Life and other things

Post by Wildfire » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:32 pm

I love the plague / disease idea. Could make it where you have to have so many of the fungus spots to harvest (you can terraform these mid-late game research option). And yes, the water type Xeno's are limited - I think there are typically 2x 32 power ones and 1x 64 power ones around per game. Should be water based hives (think: red algae type blooms from pollution that would spawn them), and research to predict them.

Try the options on the make game screen to change the aggressiveness of the Xeno's. See if that makes it harder. Yes once you've rid them from your own land tiles, it's a cake walk as they don't currently respawn.

I believe the other items you're looking for are the bonus tiles like in Civ games. The undersea colonies will most likely be an expansion pack later on from what I've seen, but the devs can make a better statement on that. We've brought up the lack of bonus tiles and water tiles before. Civ 5 w/ the expansion packs has a pretty good handle on this for Earth type worlds, but there should be other items on this new planet we could use - maybe different resources that are found with metallurgy / mineral type research branches that help armor or reduces built times on items using a lot of that resource.

void
Proxy Studios
Proxy Studios

Re: Indigenous Life and other things

Post by void » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:50 pm

The longterm goal is to constantly add new features, species, factions, units etc. via expansions. There only exist technical and financial limitations, but design wise there would be nothing wrong with e.g. having a couple dozen alien species roam the planet. The more the better!
Lorenz Ruhmann
Proxy Studios

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”