Some More Thoughts

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

bbmike
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Some More Thoughts

Post by bbmike » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:12 pm

I've been away for a while but finally got back to the beta. Here are some more thoughts after starting a new game with version 0.21:

1) It still seems like you research technology way too fast.
2) I would also like to see more information displayed while you're in the tech tree.
3) I would still like to see the movement path indicator for a unit show green for how far can move in a turn, yellow beyond that and red for where you cannot move.
4) Native lifeforms do not seem to attack right away. Maybe that's by design?
5) When I have a Former selected and an action icon is greyed out it should tell you why when you hover over that action
6) The option to reassign keyboard command would be nice! Example: I would like to use the spacebar to skip instead of the 's' key
7) There should be an option to 'Build Nothing' in a city
8) Maybe it's just me but I find it really difficult to see the roads on the map
9) On the popup window that tell you that you have discovered a new tech it would be nice to have a button there to take you to the tech tree

I'm off to update to 0.22 now!

Canute0
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Some More Thoughts

Post by Canute0 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:00 am

4) Native lifeforms do not seem to attack right away. Maybe that's by design?
0.22.3 i was attacking a hive with drone,queen and 2 splitter a few turns long.
The splitter never attacked my units but the drone does.

Delta66
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Delta66 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:02 am

bbmike wrote: 1) It still seems like you research technology way too fast.
2) I would also like to see more information displayed while you're in the tech tree.
1/ I think research speed is ok. Considering the random natureof the tech tree, you have to research some useless, or not so usefull, techs to get the one you really want. It is probably faster than in other 4X, but it makes the game more dynamic for me, and works well on small or medium maps.

2/I agree, I like to see the full in game effects of each tech, rather than the background text, in the tech tree and/or the Compendium.

Monaldinio
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Monaldinio » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:44 pm

Delta66 wrote:
bbmike wrote: 1) It still seems like you research technology way too fast.
1) i think in the same Way, play alot of Games...so the randomized techtree isnt the reason of my feeling...
Its a fakt, all 4-5 turns i get a New Amor, weapon or Chassis...

bbmike
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bbmike » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:03 pm

I still think research is too fast. I haven't looked yet but maybe that is something that can be modded with ease? Maybe you could have an option where you could choose the pace of research during a game?

DewyB
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DewyB » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:57 pm

I'm not sure about research being too fast... but there is something like that. Games are usually decided by the time folks are getting into the Mech age... Games lasting longer are drug out for some reason other than conquest.

Research IS fast, I acknowledge the issue of unit models being upgraded faster than they are built. But the game can be won with little more than Steel armor... right now much more valuable than armor types are ranks. A high ranking ATV can do a lot more than a couple of well armed ones because of the build time vs upgrade times.

This is something I've expected to get worked out over time... right now "faster" games allow us to dig deeper in a shorter time span to get the game debugged and balanced. Long drawn out research wars SHOULD be for later when we are enjoying the game, not beta testing.

bbmike
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bbmike » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:10 pm

DewyB, good point.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”