Regenerate Map

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

bbmike
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Regenerate Map

Post by bbmike »

Not sure if this was discussed already but would it be possible to add an option to regenerate the map on turn 0 if you don't like your starting position?
DewyB
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Regenerate Map

Post by DewyB »

Return to menu, New game....

It saves the settings of the last game... so just start a new one.
Monaldinio
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Monaldinio »

DewyB wrote:Return to menu, New game....

It saves the settings of the last game... so just start a new one.
I think every one knows this way, but thats not realy a solution...
DewyB
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DewyB »

Ok, so coding a button that does the same thing that one does sans movies is better because it saves how much time?

This isn't something you should have to do very often in a game... eventually the algorithms that determine starting position will be refined and you have to do it even less. Just seems like there is an easy enough workaround for the small issue it is NOW... and completely wasted effort later when the starting positions are better determined.

Maybe a bigger deal to some... to me, I think I restarted a game because of a poor position twice in 50 starts. Not worth coding an extra button to do a function already built into the opening menu. TO ME! My opinion only...
bbmike
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by bbmike »

Well, I actually had to restart the game five times today in order not start out surrounded by Tundra. For some reason the game remembers all game settings except faction for me so that's a extra click to restart. I will agree that this is a minor annoyance and not a major problem though. I just want Pandora to be an awesome game at release! :mrgreen:
DewyB
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DewyB »

On the Tundra/ desert start off I agree... it's a pain. But really that needs to be addressed unto itself more than adding the reconfigure button. The button might complicate the issue by providing a workaround that helps us ignore the issue.

I'm not even opposed to the button as much as don't see the need for IT, but agree with the need that causes it. A desert start is by far worse than tundra... but both severely limit the game's potential as a starting location.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”