First Impressions

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

Makonar
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

First Impressions

Post by Makonar »

5 min
Installation process is smooth and quick. No additional options.
I would like to have the option to locate saved games on a different path than the standard C:/ path - some people have limited space on their main drive, and also do not like to clog their main files with additional folders.
The game loads nicely. The meshes loading took a few more seconds I would like.
The intro is nice and the music is good.
User interface is a bit on the dark side - much more grey and black than I would've liked - maybe some customization would be in order.
Character avatars are a bit simplistic. I would like more realistic feeling like in that other game. Especially the eco faction - she looks like a child / pixie - not a powerfull leader of a future nation.

30 min
There is no option to auto explore or any right clickable options for units - there should be a window of options when right clicking on unit. Usefull unit suggestions for actions would be nice. I don't know if I should left or right click on the messages (how a bout left click to read, right to erase text for the first round)
The return to map button could be more visible - black button on black background is too dark.

1 h
I like this game very much. There could be some more automatization in the units management. Some more tips on what the icons mean when reaserching new weapons - It took me a while to figure out that pre-igniter was for soldiers only and not vehicles - I guess I'm used to starcraft 2 having hellions as standard units. Also it's not absolutly obvious which side has what chances on damage and win/ lose ration - I;m not sure if attacking is better or defending - the information on troops is not clear to me - I could use more information when I move mouse over the icons. The reaserch information should also specifically tell me what units the reaserch is applicable and also should tell me what more reaserch will be available after - right now I don't know whether it's good to invest on such or such reaserch - I'm just blindingly guessing.
The graphics are very nice. Some toggle options to see mineral yiealds or specific regions would be nic. Options to toggle hex grid, and some hot keys for different units / actions etc.
Looks and sounds very nice.
Sleezly
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: First Impressions

Post by Sleezly »

hi,been playing for a few hours and have to say im pretty impressed with the job you have done with this game! No problems so far running the game, but what really surprised me was the aggressiveness of the AI even at the easy setting and the amount of units it was sending at me even so early in the game in what seemed like waves of banzai attacks! Interesting to watch but frustrating so early in the game! :oops:

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”