UI feedback

Moderator: Pandora Moderators

lcjr
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

UI feedback

Post by lcjr » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:13 pm

I know a little late in the game with release coming up but anyway...

1. When forgetting non-combat units can't attack, like transports, and right clicking on an enemy unit the game will plot a really strange route for the unit. Like for a transport it will plot a route that takes the unit back to land and then back out to sea to the enemy unit. I'd suggest aborting the attack with a some kind of pop-up message "Non-combat unit.", "Unit is unable to attack.", etc...

2. When you have a stack of units the active unit isn't always the unit displayed graphically. i.e. A Trooper could be the active unit but the stack displays a Former graphic. I've made a few bad moves not paying enough attention to the unit window. I feel the active unit should always be the one to have it's graphic displayed.

3. Something that really annoys me mainly because I keep doing it. Combination of clicking too many times and the rapid switch between units when moving units can send them off to parts unknown. It's really noticeable when you have mulitple naval units scouting about. Say you forget a unit only has two moves left and click on three hexes, soon as that unit completes it's third move the game instantly jumps to the next unit and interpets the third click as a destination for the newly activated unit. Like I said very annoying with scouting naval units as they're usually spread out and that last click occurs while the camera is scrolling.

4. Setting a long range destination for groups doesn't work too well. Frequently when given two valid hexes to move into the group will split with some moving into each hex. Annoying with military units but can be real setback early game if your colonizer splits from it's guard with hostile aliens around.

5. No permenant grouping/armies? For example select a group of units and hit Ctrl+number to allow that group to be selected by number. I usually find myself ending up with defensive and offensive unit designs. Double clicking works well for stacks outside a city but when you have attack groups that your repeatedly moving out of a city to attack then back to heal the reselecting them(your attack group) individually from a list becomes somewhat tedious.

6. Question, why no development options for water tiles? Even on a pangea map you can have a lot water tiles under your control and the lack of any improvements seems odd to me.

Return to “Pandora : Public Beta”