Game gets stuck in tutorial (tutorial 2 - units managing) with no way to continue or exit

Moderators: doomtrader, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

awenloren
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Game gets stuck in tutorial (tutorial 2 - units managing) with no way to continue or exit

Post by awenloren »

Running the slitherine version of the game (not steam) downloaded from mypage in matrixgames.com

To reproduce the tutorial bug...

goto = tutorial 2 - units managing

at point = Purchase - Land Units - Armored Army

bug = the drawn on red circle indicating what to click on next goes down to level 4 (AFTER CLICKING PREVIOUS LEVELS) but level 4 is dark/greyed out so you cannot click it, thus you get stuck in the tutorial with no way to do anything, no way to exit, i had to close the game by alt+tab out of the game then right clicking the game icon in taskbar and clicking close.

initially = I installed the base game "StrategicWarInEurope-SetupRelease-v108",
then i installed the latest patch "StrategicWarInEurope-Update-v109".
I have tried updating the game via the game menu but i get a new error in a new window stating "Error: Update information for Strategic War In Europe could not be downloaded. Please contact Slitherine for help."

I understand the game is old so there is no likelihood of a fix, posting for the record.
awenloren

Re: Game gets stuck in tutorial (tutorial 2 - units managing) with no way to continue or exit

Post by awenloren »

FYI: I installed the patch right after I installed the game, I did not reboot my PC at any time. Though since then I have rebooted my pc.
I downloaded from matrixgames.com mypage the game installer and the patch with the latest date, in case there were two identical with the same name.
There were zero problems with installing either the game or patch, no error messages, it completed fine.
I verified the game was updated by looking within the game after launch and somewhere within the game it displayed 1.09
NOTE: I could not screenshot the actualproblem/bug because when i tried it created a screen size all black picture, I am unsure why that happened, but it should not matter since i described in words the problem and how to reproduce it.

Return to “Tech Support”