updater not working

Moderators: doomtrader, Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

KEV1NJ
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

updater not working

Post by KEV1NJ »

Hi Slitherine!
I can't get the updater to to download 1.4 on my laptop (runs Vista). It tells me there is an update available, tries to do "creating handle", then stops responding. I was going to download it manually but I can't seem to find it. It worked fine last night on my home PC (runs 7).
Thanks for any help!
Penfold
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Re: updater not working

Post by Penfold »

It sounds like it is being blocked by your firewall. Make sure 'TrueUpdate Client', the update.exe file in the game folder, is allowed access.
KEV1NJ

Post by KEV1NJ »

I actually did think of that. TrueUpdate client is listed as being allowed to communicate with the internet. Also, it communicates enough to check to see if an update is available. It comes back that an update is available, then hangs after I press next at that point.
Thanks
Penfold

Post by Penfold »

Checking if there is an update usually doesn't require firewall access, but downloading the exe does. So getting past the first check does not mean that the update.exe for SWiE has been given access. Do you have you have other Matrix Games/Slitherine titles on your laptop? Did you check that the TrueUpdate Client that was allowed was for the SWiE updater, as each update.exe will show as a different instance of the TrueUpdate Client, under your firewalls allowed programs?
Another possibility is that your Anti-virus or other security software is stopping it. Depending on what kind you have, they may stop the update.exe from downloading and running another exe. You may have to make the update.exe an exception with your Anti-virus software.
Also the file is now available as a direct download: ftp://ftp.matrixgames.com/pub/Strategic ... p-v104.zip
KEV1NJ

Post by KEV1NJ »

Thanks Penfold!
I did find it posted as its own download on your site, so its all good now.
Thanks
Kevin

Return to “Tech Support”