Scourge of War Series : Tech Support

Moderator: Slitherine Core

LordAmaury1
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Waterloo - Weird cursor issue

Post by LordAmaury1 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:54 am

Hello everyone,

I just bought Waterloo Collector Edition on Slitherine/Matrix Store yesterday and I'm having a weird issue preventing me to enjoy the game.
Here is the problem :

First time I launched the game display was 4/3 and 1024*768 resolution, no problem with the cursor at all but I wasn't able to see the whole screen because my screen is 16/9 and the toolbar wasn't displayed (it was cutted by the bottom of my screen).

So I just basicly checked "fullscreen" box in the option menu, restarting the game and since that change I can indeed see the whole screen, but the cursor just became "enormous" (or certainly is very very "zoomed in"). An attached screenshot illustrates the problem.

I can't revert this change, even returning to no windowed or even changing resolution again. The only thing I managed to do was uninstalling the game, then reinstall it with latest patches, but again screen was cutted in no fullscreen, and doing the same modification breaks cursor again.

The main problem is that half the time when I click it's just not where the pointer is, this is a big "UI scalling bug".

Can you help me with that (Can't understand why no one ever posted that here, I saw some posts on steam regarding this issue too but with no answer at all) ?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Sincerely,
Amaury
Attachments
Waterloo.jpg
Screenshot
Waterloo.jpg (774.11 KiB) Viewed 210 times

LordAmaury1

Re: Waterloo - Weird cursor issue

Post by LordAmaury1 » Fri Jul 17, 2020 4:24 am

Edit : Okay I find the cause, I am using a windows scaling option set to 200% in my display settings as I have a 4K monitor, it completely messes up the entire game UI (This issue should really be patched).
Setting the scaling to 100% will solve the problem, unfortunately as far as I know it isn't possible to set a scaling per application in Windows for the moment, if someone knows how to do this please let us know.

Return to “Scourge of War Series : Tech Support”