game crashes for the 6th time in multiplayer !!!

Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

ozgrunt
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

game crashes for the 6th time in multiplayer !!!

Post by ozgrunt »

wow, really bloody sick of it, 4 games crashed 4 times at turns ranging from 97 to 56 before patch, im told new patch will fix it, now I cant get past 20 turns in the last game. Really have had enough of investing time and enjoying the game to see it bloody go down again, sick of it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Re: game crashes for the 6th time in multiplayer !!!

Post by lordzimoa »

Hi Ozgrunt,

Sorry to hear this, Szymon will come back to this asap, do you have any more information what is exactly happening and what MP games are we talking about on the server?
ozgrunt

Post by ozgrunt »

the only game it happens to is Commander the great war, I have panzer corps games and add ons, I've never had a problem with them. I run windows 8, I've updated both the game and my video card drivers. just for the life of me don't know why it happens. the little wheel that turns as the game replays my opponent's turn goes and then at some time freezes and that's it, once it happened to the same friend I was playing and he found that if you start another game it fixes it, but that worked only the once to have it re-crash at around turn 100. its soooooo frustrating because its such a great game, I would of happily bought any expansion or even another game based on the same system as commander the great war. but it really takes the fun out of it, by crashing all the time. lastly thanks for your quick reply

regards jeff
lordzimoa
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by lordzimoa »

We expect it might be a problem with the "turning wheel" animation while loading, that causes this freeze, I have Szymon have a look.

What MP games are we talking about on the server? Could you give us opponents and dates, so we can check them out please, that would be a first step.

Cheers,

Tim aka LZ
johnnybravo
Lordz Games Studio
Lordz Games Studio

Post by johnnybravo »

Hey Ozgrunt,

I am really sorry you are experiencing all this. I am working on the problem and will do my best to fix it. Please provide as much information as you can on the games that crash for you. Who were the opponents? Also, when crash happens, does it then happen all the time for this game or are you sometimes able to continue after few tries?
ozgrunt

Post by ozgrunt »

thank you for the great and quick support. the games that I still have that crashed where on the following dates:
2013-02-18
2013-01-29
2013-04-23
my opponent in all games was my friend "chilly"
we have managed to complete some games right to the end, I think around 3 games, also which might help, it seems to be the axis powers that crash's and not the allies, it crashed once when my friend chilly was playing and he was also playing the axis at that time. we have only ever played the main campaign for WW1 starting at the beginning, we've never played any other of the scenario's. lastly its a bloody great game, the best strategy game ive played in years, if it ever comes out in another format like the civil war or whatever, I would be the first to buy it. ive passed on to other friends what a great game it is, just frustrating when it seems to crash so often. thank you for the support greatly appreciated

regards jeff collins

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”