Commander - The Great War: Tech Support

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

ReviewGameX27
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Ai turns 15min+

Post by ReviewGameX27 »

Hi,

I have been lets playing this title quite a bit on my channel and love the game. But since turn 40 or so all the ai turns take 15min and more. This was not the case in the early game. From what I can observe from the ai turn it is not moving or attack with units but some kind of calculation problem. I would assume it is something like the problems addressed with the 1.6.6 patch that was suppose to solve ai loops. As it stands right now I cannot play it anymore because 4 turns take me 60min of waiting time and this is just no fun. I hope you can find a solution for this.

Cheers
Chris
Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: Ai turns 15min+

Post by Robotron »

Did you try to save the game, then quit and restart the game? This might clear the game's internal calculation tables resulting in faster turns.

What are your PCs specifications? Slow PCs will struggle when major changes to fronts happen like when Russia surrenders or Romania enters the war.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
ReviewGameX27

Post by ReviewGameX27 »

Robotron wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:36 pm Did you try to save the game, then quit and restart the game? This might clear the game's internal calculation tables resulting in faster turns.

What are your PCs specifications? Slow PCs will struggle when major changes to fronts happen like when Russia surrenders or Romania enters the war.
I can easily play Star Citizen on my pc and record videos at the same time, so it is not the pc. And yes, I tried to save and restart, same ai turn lags.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

I know a few things about the game's inner workings so If you could upload your savegame I'll have a look at it.

The savegames can be found in: <your name>/My documents/My Games/Commander The Great War/save

Put the savegame into a zip or rar archive and upload it using the "attachments" function in the "full editor" window of the reply box.
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
ReviewGameX27

Post by ReviewGameX27 »

Robotron wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:00 pm I know a few things about the game's inner workings so If you could upload your savegame I'll have a look at it.

The savegames can be found in: <your name>/My documents/My Games/Commander The Great War/save

Put the savegame into a zip or rar archive and upload it using the "attachments" function in the "full editor" window of the reply box.
Here you go. Thank you for the try.
Attachments
Lets Play.zip
(157.01 KiB) Downloaded 99 times
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Just tried your save on a fresh 1.6.6 install on my ancient intel i5 running Win7 with nvidia gt320 and 8gb ram.

Although my setup is vastly inferior to yours (which is able to run Star Citizen), strangely enough the AI turn took only about 6 minutes with almost constant movement of units and negligible downtime staring at the turning cogwheels. The logfile looks fine too.

The fronts in your game are somewhat convoluted and open to exploits/counter-attacks which adds to AI number-crunching time. Especially the Ottoman front is wide open, I suspect this is adding the most downtime. Yet 15 minutes for one AI turn is clearly too long.

Sorry, but apart from background tasks/security software meddling with processing time I've no clue what's going on.
ReviewGameX27

Post by ReviewGameX27 »

Too bad. Only thing I could see on my computer is that energy consumption is going through the roof on ai turn but not ai or ram used.

Thanks for checking though!

Return to “Commander - The Great War: Tech Support”