Good evening all,
@All: Great to see some activity here. Looks like few new players around. Its worth it and i can tell you that fatal crashs that cannot be fixed are almost unrealistic.
I think its less than 5% of the games that i played that crashed, and in 9 out of 10 crashs the bugs were fixed. The ONLY game (out of +30 played) that was not fixable was a match that prevented me from saving the game. Sadly that happened 1915 and i did not want to finish the entire rest of the war in one go. Everytime i pushed "save" it crashed, zero idea why. So i quit the game, but that was all. It is absolutley stable, just start a new match. It will work if u installed all correct.
@French Event: Having thought a little longer in depth about it, i like the Counter-French Offensive in Alsace-Lorraine more and more. But with a few limitations.
1. Yes, it is actually totally unrealistic that France ever does a counteroffensive if Germany does the Schlieffen. Will not happen. No need for an event actually.
2. However, I suggest that this event is therefore only added to the event pool IF CP chooses for Aufmarsch Ost.
Reason is simple: The Aufmarsch Ost plan is the by far easiest to play with CP, it highly likely leeds to victory (with little experience). I win 90% of them, even the condition Warsaw, Riga and Vilna ist achievable in Dec 1914. Thats all because of the tiny little frontline against france thats protected by two fortresses. AI never breaks through here.
AND: If Germany goes "Aufmarsch East" all other French events are pretty useless as they all refer to the Schlieffenplan (Fortify Vedun, Marne Taxis, Defend Paris, Stalemate, French Legion, French Army of Africa etc.). None of this is required - If Germany goes East Entente rather plays British-Russian Events as France is not threatened.
I just think that Entente does not really have an equal "Respond-Event" to Aufmarsch Ost at the moment.
That might be, because the Aufmarsch Ost plan is artificial anyway and historically not correct. Therefore it would not be wrong adding another French Event that is also not correct, but at least opens new dynamics to the Game.
It would make the Aufmarsch a little more difficult for CP and rebalance it with the other two and more difficult attack plans. (By the way even after 600 hours i never ever managed to succees the rupprecht plan
Its insane to master and win the war with it.)
- Germany chooses "Aufmarsch Ost"
- Germany does very well in the East, i.e.: Shelling of Sevastopol is executed OR one of the victory conditions is achieved in Dec 1914.
- This will add Event in Entente Event Pool. "Strike into Alsace Lorraine as majority of German Troops are stuck in the East"
- Attackbonus of French Artillery +1 until Metz or Strassburg is conquered
- French Morale Boost +20 each if Metz and Strasburg are captured
- Plus 2 Ammofactories for France
- Minus 1 French collapse point if all Hexes of Alsace-Lorraine are "liberated" until next Winter (unlikely, but it makes Entente player want to try and start offensive immediately)
Sorry for long text. Thanks again for this amazing Mod Robotron, cant get enough of it.