POTZBLITZ V9.51 AUG23th 2019

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Colomish
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: POTZBLITZ V9.51 AUG23th 2019

Post by Colomish » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:46 pm

I’m addicted to this mod however I’m very curious if there’s a list for all the events and it’s requirements? Heard CP was hard so been stubborn enough to keep playing them until I either win as them or get bested after the war however I realized there was an event system that I haven’t noticed until turn 32....

Februarius

Post by Februarius » Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:10 pm

Hi Robotron,

First let me thank you for this wonderful piece of work.
With POTZBLITZ installed this game is the best possible WW1 strategic experience.

Only thing that I would like to change for my own gaming preference is the number of turns. Right now it seems a bit low.
I would like to have as longest possible campaign (Time of Fury grand campaign with 450 turns comes to my mind :) ).

So if I would to increase number of turns to lets say x2 or x4 how much would this screw the campaign balance?
Would it be possible to adjust other parameters (perhaps tehnology) to balance things out?

I am prepared to sacrifice some historical accuracy for the sake of prolonged gaming experience.
I would appreciate your comments on how to change this effectively.

Once again thank you for this wonderful mod and your help.

Kind regards,
Februarius

Robotron
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Robotron » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:23 pm

@Colomish:
You must have overlooked the manual included in the download archive: a detailed PDF of more than 100 pages with explanations to all additional rules and features. You can find the description to most events from page 26 onwards. 8)

@Februarius:
I'm sorry to say this but I can't help you with your request.
See, I had to invest quite a lot of time and thought changing the original number of turns to fit the length of the game to the needs of my mod.
Changing the number of turns again is nearly impossible now since too many parts of the scripts would have to be re-balanced and re-edited, likely literally thousands of edits.
That's an effort I won't invest again in this project, I hope you will understand. :|

To both of you thanks for the feedback and have fun with the game.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War on steroids: POTZBLITZ mod!
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610

MarechalJoffre
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by MarechalJoffre » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:28 am

Just wanted to say thank you @Robotron for this project. It's amazingly detailed, and I have thus far sunk 50+ hours into CGTW just with this mod. No other WWI game can surpass this in my opinion, and I've tried many other like To End All Wars, SC:WWI Classic etc. Great work!

Robotron

Post by Robotron » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:34 am

Thank you very much MarechalJoffre.

I'm still trying to refine the game so people can expect a new update before christmas.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War on steroids: POTZBLITZ mod!
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”