Potzblitz V24.2b JAN 1st 2024

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, The Lordz

Robotron
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Re: POTZBLITZ V5.35 (BETA), NOV 23th

Post by Robotron »

Hi guys, I'm back in town, had to take a short break from the game to recover motivation. Glad you are still there (?). ;)

Well, what can I say? The reported bugs are fixed and the fixes will be included in the forthcoming update besides other stuff.

Also did some serious testing with the MP match between me and Zombo. The dreaded MP crashes strongly indicate they are caused by

- diplo events affecting units that are not present at the start of a game turn (because they are spawned by those events)
- diplo events assigning commanders to units that are not present at the start of a game turn for the same reason.

So I will have those units and commanders be spawned into the production line instead right onto the map for multiplayer games.

@AinWolfsam: of course the ability of zeps and bombers to cause PP loss is connected to the "stratattack" value.

To be able to cause at least 1 full point of PP damage by bombing attacks the strat attack value of the bombing unit must be at least as high as the current PP value of the city/fortress (modified by both unit strength and efficiency).
Example: a unit with a strat attack value of 12 and a unit strength of 5 and efficiency of 5 would have an effective strat attack value of 3 (12 * 0,5 * 0,5). That unit would be able to cause 1 PP damage to any city with a PP value of 3 or less.

If the modified strat attack value is less than the PP value of the city then only a fraction of a PP will be damaged. You would need multiple units to cause at least 1 PP damage to a particular high PP target such as London.

In vanilla CTGW zeps have a basic strat attack of 10, the "rigid airship" tech adds +10 (for that German zep) for a total of 20.

In PotzBlitz the basic strat attack for zeps is 0 (since basic zeps are just floppy balloons used for spotting purposes) while the "rigid airship" tech adds +15 for a total of 15.

Hope that helps.
Slitherine's Commander the Great War - Director's Cut: POTZBLITZ mod!
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
Zombo
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Zombo »

Hurray! Robo is back in the house!

I got a bunch of friends pestering me about the MP playable version is due, and I didn't really know what to say...

I am, as always, at your disposal as a humble MP playtester
onpp
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by onpp »

After more than a hundred of MP battles in CTGW classic version, having abandonned vanilla single player for one year, I tried Potzblitz last week. It was easy to install. I must say I was astonished to discover nice scenarios and an AI able to resist.
It would be so great to have the MP version fixed.
I belong to these shadow players who silently hoped Robotron would achieve his aim. That's great to here he is back.
Robotron, we are a lot to believe in your project, then many thanks for the huge amount of work you already put in it and may you find a way to make it playable. Congratulations anyway. You should have had this prize !
Zombo

Post by Zombo »

( sound of crickets chirping )
tralala43
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by tralala43 »

chirping intensifies
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Alas, more patience is of the essence as some really annoying real-life issues severely messed things up here, taking up all my energy, including getting struck down by a distant cousin of the 1918 flu virus for almost a week. :|
FIND IT HERE: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=218&t=77884&p=662610#p662610
Vokt
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Vokt »

Hope you're fine soon.

Also, I hope that in the near future we (all the CTGW players that have played and enjoyed your mod) are able to help you more so it's not only you that do all the hard work. Some teamwork is needed here IMO if we want POTZBLITZ to become an end product.
Zombo

Post by Zombo »

Please, God, don't let this forum die
Last edited by Zombo on Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Dear friends of this mod, sadly I have to declare this project on semi-permanent standby. Changes in my neighborhood have led to serious irritations and I've decided to move to another location. This is quite unfortunate but I need a certain degree of calmness to concentrate and be productive. :?
Kossatx
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Kossatx »

Good luck with your new home, I hope you can find a comfortable place.
Zombo

Post by Zombo »

Is this the end of Potzblitz?
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

Robotron, does your mod represent the pact between the Entente and Spain that would have brought closer Spain to the Entente if Italy had joined the CP?
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

No.

But I might include a choice-event for the Entente player covering such an eventuality.

From what I've read the Spanish military at that time was next to worthless though.
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

Robotron wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:01 pm No.

But I might include a choice-event for the Entente player covering such an eventuality.

From what I've read the Spanish military at that time was next to worthless though.
As you say, the spanish army was weak at this time, but his navy would have been a pretty gift for the Entente if Italy had joined the CP. France alone would have been in a trouble fighting against the austrian and italian fleets together.
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

Robotron, in which file of your mod are coded the messages about conquering cities and fortresses? I can't find them :(
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Those are in english.txt which you'll find in CTGW/data/lang
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

Thanks very much again, Robotron.
Robotron

Post by Robotron »

Important note when editing english.txt :

be EXTRA careful to avoid any typos concerning the game-specific syntaxes or else the game will crash upon loading and you won't get a proper crash report telling you where exactly stuff went wrong.
This is particularly time consuming to fix after you made a lot of changes. Even if you have a backup of an earlier version of english.txt the compare-function of notepad++ will be of limited help. So regularly backup english.txt.

Also make sure you do not have any unforeseen identical event titles when you add NEW events since I was too lazy to sort them by alphabet.
Kossatx

Post by Kossatx »

Robotron wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:55 pm Important note when editing english.txt :

be EXTRA careful to avoid any typos concerning the game-specific syntaxes or else the game will crash upon loading and you won't get a proper crash report telling you where exactly stuff went wrong.
This is particularly time consuming to fix after you made a lot of changes. Even if you have a backup of an earlier version of english.txt the compare-function of notepad++ will be of limited help. So regularly backup english.txt.

Also make sure you do not have any unforeseen identical event titles when you add NEW events since I was too lazy to sort them by alphabet.
OMGNO
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by OMGNO »

Just created this account to say: THANK YOU ROBOTRON!

I love playing your mod. It is everything that Commander should have been.
Now I just have to make sure that I don't get my ass handed by the computer every time I play. :lol:

Return to “Commander the Great War : Mods & Scenario Design”