What's in store for 2021?

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Fluffi
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

What's in store for 2021?

Post by Fluffi »

The title is a bit self-explanatory, but basically I'm wondering what awaits BA2:EF in 2021, primarily when it comes to events (such as tournaments or the game's anniversary), and possible community content (mostly possible concepts/ideas as opposed to actual mods or scenarios).

All of this may sound weird to talk about, but I figured the forum needs a little stimulation to keep discussion and conversation healthy here, but that could just be me. Anyways, what do the rest of you folks think?
rico21
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: What's in store for 2021?

Post by rico21 »

I would like to do a mini-campaign on Gibraltar.
In August 1940, Hitler asked Franco and Pétain to be able to cross their country to invade Gibraltar ...
For this what-if, I need a paul mod with French (Vichy), Spanish (nationalists), Italians (black shirts and paratroopers), Germans and British in full.
I take care of the rest...
mpetri

Post by mpetri »

rico21 wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:47 pm I would like to do a mini-campaign on Gibraltar.
In August 1940, Hitler asked Franco and Pétain to be able to cross their country to invade Gibraltar ...
For this what-if, I need a paul mod with French (Vichy), Spanish (nationalists), Italians (black shirts and paratroopers), Germans and British in full.
I take care of the rest...
Paul did the Italians and Spanish Nationalists already, so I think it’s just the Vichy troops who would need to be done, and since he did the France 1940(which includes the Germans and British as well I think) map as well that might just be re-skinning some of those. Obviously you would need permission, but I think the pieces are already there.
Fluffi

Post by Fluffi »

That sounds pretty interesting to be honest; I've not really seen many "what-if" scenarios/campaigns in BA2 apart from the Cold War 1946 mod that Paul made, so another what-if campaign based around something like the Gibraltar campaign would be worth checking out.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

BTW, there's also a BA2 forum at Steam which is worth a glance, for example a guy there is currently asking for people to join his multiplayer game.
mpetri

Post by mpetri »

How’s everyone’s 2021 going?
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I see there's an interesting game under development at Steam called 'Second Front' which looks a lot like BA except it's a hex grid instead of squares

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”