How to create new countries and eqipments

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

7TPTank
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

How to create new countries and eqipments

Post by 7TPTank »

I want add Bulgaria into countries of the game. I also want add Bulgarian and Polish eqipments. Can anyone suggest me how to do that? Thank you very much!
dcoffin
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: How to create new countries and eqipments

Post by dcoffin »

first suggest looking at BA2 Wiki at https://sites.google.com/site/battleacademy2/

The following are BA2 campaign/scenario using Polish equipment; Polish 1939 Skirmish 1.2 by Paul59; Case White by Petcat and Richcat and Warsaw Uprising by Petcat. I believe these are official mods but suggest you check to confirm that.

Appears for Bulgarian units would be using early 1941 German type units given info from following website: https://www.ww2-weapons.com/bulgarian-a ... arian_Army,

"The principal task of the Bulgarian Army between 1941 and 1944 was the garrisoning of the new territories, where often side-by-side with other Axis forces it waged a relentless war on partisans.
In the summer of 1944, the Bulgarian Army disposed of over 21 infantry and two cavalry divisions as well as two frontier brigades. Seven divisions in two army corps were under German operational control in Western Macedonia and Serbia for the protection of the main German supply arteries between Belgrade and Greece. All but 10 of the divisions were basically obsolete, horse-drawn and lacking in both modern armored fighting vehicles and anti-tank guns. The armored brigade was equipped with 60 German armored fighting vehicles (PzKpfw 38(t), PzKpfw IV), while in the whole Bulgarian Army there were only 121 tanks (including French Renault R-35)."

You may be able to leverage changing flags into Bulgarian units using the "BA 2 Historical Flag mod". Search BA2 forum to find working download links posted by Philippeatbay

Best of luck,

Dcoffin

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”