MP Scenarios

Forum for discussion of the next iteration of the BA engine. This time with a all new open development approach!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators

Gerry4321
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

MP Scenarios

Post by Gerry4321 »

Hello:

Are all/most of the MP scenarios meeting engagements? The two I have played so far are like this. Hope there are other types also.

Thanks,

Gerry
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: MP Scenarios

Post by JosephM »

Hello Gerry,

Sorry, can I ask what you mean by meeting engagements? There are two kind of multiplayer games: 1 vs 1 PvP battles, which involves a player playing against another player with various combinations of units; and the other is Coop Mode, where two players play against the AI.
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

JoeMiller wrote:Hello Gerry,

Sorry, can I ask what you mean by meeting engagements? There are two kind of multiplayer games: 1 vs 1 PvP battles, which involves a player playing against another player with various combinations of units; and the other is Coop Mode, where two players play against the AI.
In skirmish mode you can select from attack, defend, symmetric or meeting engagement battle types. Since you can use skirmish mode in MP games those types are available. I haven't yet used the included MP maps so can't comment on them.
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Thanks for clarifying Tac2i. I am still on the campaign and I was involved in the Multiplayer testing, but I have not even tried a skirmish map yet.

Then I can confirm that all of the PvP multiplayer scenarios are created to be meeting engagements: which is to say you are using two sides which are designed to be balanced and ideally both players would try to attack (although obviously you have to choose a suitable battle plan - No Man's Land being one that comes to mind where a mindless assault will backfire horribly).
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Thanks Joe. Liking the game but disappointed that all PvP are Meeting Engagements. One nice thing about tactical games is you can have such variety as in attack, defend, etc. Why on earth would the team make them all MEs?

Hopefully this will change in the expansions. I am not interested in playing the AI so that gives a limited set of scenarios for me.

Gerry
Tac2i

Post by Tac2i »

Additionally you can select wilderness, farmland or urban terrain. Gerry, not sure I see your issue since you can create any type of MP game using skirmish mode. Skirmish game mode for SP and MP makes BA2 a fabulous game with high replayability.
Gerry4321

Post by Gerry4321 »

Thanks. I am more interested in historical encounters. I assume the official PvP are somewhat historical? I know that in most tactical games that many scenarios are semi-historical at least. I like that as it pulls me in. For example, ASL had their scenario cards that describe the situation pre-scenario and then the Aftermath section described how that scenario had actually ended in history.

Also I noticed with BA there was a lot of material developed by the community. So maybe more historical stuff will show up in the next few months.

Gerry
jcb989
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by jcb989 »

Gerry wrote: Also I noticed with BA there was a lot of material developed by the community. So maybe more historical stuff will show up in the next few months.
Gerry
This is almost certainly the case. Actually I think I may be the only non-historical modder out there lol! In as much to say, my scenarios are made more for fun than for historical reasons, back in BA1. I expect Enric and cavehobbit and Amaris are all busy busy with scenarios :mrgreen:

Return to “Battle Academy 2 – Eastern Front”