_[FDB] rev978 [Converter] converting scenarios

Forum for reporting bugs

Moderators: Slitherine Core, FoG PC Moderator, NewRoSoft

fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

_[FDB] rev978 [Converter] converting scenarios

Post by fogman »

when will the scenario converter be available to the general public (if at all)?
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Re: _[FDB] rev978 [Converter] converting scenarios

Post by cothyso »

The GC1 was already including the FoG(RB) to (FoG(U) converter, both in unpacked, single scenario packed or collection packed FoG(U) file packs. Reading any of the readme (!) or the controls files would have taught you that:
b) main menu:
- RALT + F5 -> converts legacy scenarios
- RALT + F7 -> packs all separate
- RALT + F8 -> packs all
- (DBG) RALT + F9 -> unpack all
The associated console messages would have told you that you need to drop old FoG(RB) scenarios (each in it's own folder) in the build's /_Convert folder, and find the output in the /_Convert/_OUT folder.. Moving the obtained pack file in the /SavedScenarios folder and also deleting the custom_scenarios_list.xml, custom_maps_list.xml and the custom_armylists_list.xml files from there (to have them rebuild) would have resulted in the converted scenario appearing in FoG(U)'s scenarios lists.

And as a side note, it was your own ancient scenarios providing the input on which the FoG(RB) converter was tested during its development..
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

ok so i put a scenario folder into the convert folder.
fire up the game, RALT+F5.
go back out and see that there are now six files in the _OUt subfolder (with endings .als, .gsv, .map, .scn.pck, .scn, .als, .als)
i copy them into the SavedScenarios folder.
go back into the game. but can't find it in the scenarios listing.
what did i do wrong?
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

You need only the .scn.pck scenario archive pack file to be added in your /SavedScenarios folder. And because FoG(U) doesn't constantly search for new custom files in that folder, you need to manually add the scenario in the custom_scenarios_list.xml list by:
1) delete the /SavedScenarios/custom_scenarios_list.xml, /SavedScenarios/custom_maps_list.xml and the /SavedScenarios/custom_armylists_list.xml files, and the FoG(U) will rebuild them
2) [enter the editor and press the Refresh scenarios button] (currently this won't work as the Editor is disabled)
3) manually edit the custom_scenarios_list.xml file to ad your scenario entry (no need for this, as 1) works perfectly fine)

All the other are .xml files:
  • - .scn.xml -> the scenario file
    - .map.xml -> the map file
    - .als.xml -> the army list files (one for each side, and one containing all sides - they are different methods of storing the army list files, and are not both required at the same time)
    - .gsv.xml -> the game state save file
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

found it but there was no map preview ('loading' it says) and when i clicked on new game i get: 'unable to load army list file'
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Actually, you need to delete all the custom files lists to have them all updated, not only the custom_scenarios_list.xml, but the custom_maps_list.xml and the custom_armylists_list.xml too. I've also updated the above posts to reflect this.

Sorry about it..
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

Conversion no longer possible.
cothyso
NewRoSoft
NewRoSoft

Post by cothyso »

Modified for the rev1032 (v2.5.00.1032 GM2 build)

It was still working fine in Unity Editor. The problem with the standalone app was that the code was trying to read the scenariosOLD_list.xml file which was needed when converting the official FoG(RB) legacy scenarios (a file containing manually entered additional info not found in the official legacy scenarios data files) in order to convert them for the FoG(U). I've made all scenariosOLD_list.xml code sections depending on the UNITY_EDITOR precompile directive now.

PS: In order to have the rev1030 build convert legacy scenarios (until the FoG(U) is released), please drop a new "empty" scenariosOLD_list.xml file in the <FoG(U)_build_install_path>\FoG_v2.4.01.1030_Data\Resources\ folder containing the following code:

Code: Select all

<listScenariosOLD formatVersion="1.01">
</listScenariosOLD>
fogman
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by fogman »

Ok thanks, that worked.

Return to “Bug Reports”