SPM v. 0.7.19.2 is now available

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

SPM v. 0.7.19.2 is now available

Post by Nacho84 » Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:54 pm

Hello all,

The latest update for SPM is now available! Please download it directly from the Matrix FTP at ftp://beta.matrixgames.com . When prompted, please specify the following username and password: SPMBetaTester/SpmBeta1114. I strongly recommend you to download the file using filezilla.

Inside the FTP you will find an installer file named SPM-Windows-Slitherine-0-7-19-2.exe, just download it and run it in order to overwrite the contents of your current installation folder. Please, do not download SPM-Windows-Slitherine-0-7-19-1.exe as the file is corrupted.

This update includes lots of bugfixes, balancing, UI improvements and brand new content. Nearly all the placeholder images in the UI have been replaced and we're including the animations for most of the missions from the PKA, Vostok and Voskhod programs. We're planning to release another patch very soon featuring the animations for the remaining programs. Make sure you check the full changelog here to get a complete overview of this release.

Notice that the savefiles from 0.7.18 are no longer valid for 0.7.19.2 because of all the new information that is now required to run the game, so you will need to start a new game from scratch.

Looking forward to hear your feedback!

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Sergeiev
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: SPM v. 0.7.19 is now available

Post by Sergeiev » Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:15 am

Nice update, cool to have slavic names. :)

A few observations :

- You forgot the "R" of Sergey.
- No more women ?
- List of first and last names seem limited, at least on the soviet side. I had several guys with the exact same names to choose from. If you want i can send you a list of names, firsts and lasts.
- After closing a program all the names of the remaining open programs are superimposed.

Xiaomaoxin
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Xiaomaoxin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:55 am

was just checking the forum and planning to nag a little bit because there was no update on the 11th and there it is :P thats no fun :mrgreen:

Kalesin
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Kalesin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:08 am

N_Molson
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by N_Molson » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:52 am

- No more women ?
If you look at pics of the Mission Control Rooms, you'll notice you exclusively have men. Women were introduced in there in the mid 1970's. :wink:

This was mostly the same for engineers and technicians, and in the astronaut corps. There were a few exception on the Soviet side (Valentina Terekovshka, the first woman in orbit), but it really was done to get prestige, and it took 20 years for another russian woman to fly in space. :)
Nicolas Escats
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Contributor

professorel
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by professorel » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:08 am

Ah yes, the old 'historical accuracy' argument. Because an alternate history game totally needs to be historically accurate.

Xiaomaoxin
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Xiaomaoxin » Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:22 am

Can it hurt to include small stuff like that? Most wont notice but those that do may be happy for that bit more accurate "feel"...

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:32 pm

professorel wrote:Ah yes, the old 'historical accuracy' argument. Because an alternate history game totally needs to be historically accurate.
That's what the GSA is for :wink:

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:38 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the feedback. Glad you liked the slavic names.
Sergeiev wrote: - You forgot the "R" of Sergey.
The names were created using a random name generator. I believe Segey is a valid name as well (I googled it and made a few hits).
Sergeiev wrote: - No more women ?
For part 1 is makes more sense to have all men for NASA and the Soviet space agency. That's the way it worked. We can add a few women here and there, but there will be mostly men. In GSA there will be more women, though.

[/quote]
Sergeiev wrote: - List of first and last names seem limited, at least on the soviet side. I had several guys with the exact same names to choose from. If you want i can send you a list of names, firsts and lasts.
Yes, feel free to edit the files (they are under SPM-Windows_Data\Scripts\Data Scripts\General Container), send them along and I'll bundle them in the next build.
Sergeiev wrote: - After closing a program all the names of the remaining open programs are superimposed.
A hangover from the NGUI 3 upgrade. I've fixed it and I'm uploading a patch right now (0.7.19.1).

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:40 pm

Xiaomaoxin wrote:was just checking the forum and planning to nag a little bit because there was no update on the 11th and there it is :P thats no fun :mrgreen:
Yes. But don't worry, there will be plenty of opportunities for us to disappoint you in the future! :D

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

Sergeiev
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: SPM v. 0.7.19.1 is now available

Post by Sergeiev » Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Yes i know that historically there were no women involved. I don't want a 50/50 ratio but just a few, a tiny few, would be nice. I already planned the "first man is space is a woman". :)

As for Tereshkova, she was so hysterical during her flight that Korolev (who always said that women had nothing to do in that matter) said : no more women ! :)
But yes it was only for prestige... As the whole space race was.

Segey ? Hmm, OK, I googled it too and it often looks like misspells. :)

Sergeiev
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Sergeiev » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Nacho84 wrote: Yes, feel free to edit the files (they are under SPM-Windows_Data\Scripts\Data Scripts\General Container), send them along and I'll bundle them in the next build.
It's these 3 files ?

AstronautCandidates-Soviet.xml
MissionControlCandidates-Soviet.xml
SETCandidates-Soviet.xml

Can i add some or just edit the existing ones ? Can i edit some cosmonauts names as female ? Just 6 or 8 out of 200... :)

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:21 pm

Sergeiev wrote:
Nacho84 wrote: Yes, feel free to edit the files (they are under SPM-Windows_Data\Scripts\Data Scripts\General Container), send them along and I'll bundle them in the next build.
It's these 3 files ?

AstronautCandidates-Soviet.xml
MissionControlCandidates-Soviet.xml
SETCandidates-Soviet.xml

Can i add some or just edit the existing ones ? Can i edit some cosmonauts names as female ? Just 6 or 8 out of 200... :)
Those are the files, yes. Feel free to edit the existing ones. You can add more if you want as well, it's up to you.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”