[Suggestion] Add more agency in part 2?

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

piggysanTH
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

[Suggestion] Add more agency in part 2?

Post by piggysanTH » Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:06 am

Hello :3
I think we should add more agency in part 2 of BASPM? Like ESA [Established 30/5/1975 First launch 12/1979] NASDA [Established 1/10/1969] ISAS [Established in August 1955 First Launch in 11/2/1970] JAXA [Successor NASDA and ISAS in 2003]

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: [Suggestion] Add more agency in part 2?

Post by Nacho84 » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Hello piggysan,

We still haven't decided which space agencies will be included in part 2. The problem with ESA, JAXA and the other space agencies you mention is that they don't feature manned programs, so I'm not sure how to work around that from a gameplay point of view. I'm not sure if players will be interested in managing space agencies which are focused in robotic programs only.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

KyleS
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by KyleS » Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:46 am

Just fictionalise it. Lots of countries had programmes that went nowhere, eg the Chinese manned programme in the 1970s, the ESA Hermes project, etc. If you wanted it to be entirely realistic, the SU agency would be two different agencies with random budgets each year, with the combined budgets being smaller than the USA's, and the player unable to choose their own goals but getting random goals from above with little notice. So we already fictionalise things to make them more fun.

If you can have a fictional Mars mission for NASA, you can have a fictional manned programme for ESA.

The original boardgame had 4 agencies - US, SU, European, and Asian.

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:49 pm

KyleS wrote:Just fictionalise it. Lots of countries had programmes that went nowhere, eg the Chinese manned programme in the 1970s, the ESA Hermes project, etc. If you wanted it to be entirely realistic, the SU agency would be two different agencies with random budgets each year, with the combined budgets being smaller than the USA's, and the player unable to choose their own goals but getting random goals from above with little notice. So we already fictionalise things to make them more fun.

If you can have a fictional Mars mission for NASA, you can have a fictional manned programme for ESA.

The original boardgame had 4 agencies - US, SU, European, and Asian.
Yes, I see what you mean. I'm just worried about the amount of assets required in order to make all four space agencies interesting :)

Anyway, let's get part 1 out of the door first. Once that's out, I'll open a thread so that you guys can let us know what would you like to see in the future.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”