New to games

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

BradG
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

New to games

Post by BradG » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:14 pm

Hello everyone,

i'm sorry i'm not very familiar with playing games. I used to play Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space 20 years ago and nothing else ever since, more or less.
My question is probably very simple to answer.

I'm thinking of buying this game but I'm worried what will happen in a few months' time when I'll be changing my current computer for a new one.
Will I be able to install the game to my new computer (let's say in December) if I already installed it once before (let's say I'll buy it just now and install it on my old one)? I mean, how does the code or whatever protection work? Will I have to notify Slitherine or even have to buy a new code?

Thanks for your explanations.

Rgds,
Brad

N_Molson
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Re: New to games

Post by N_Molson » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:26 pm

Hello BradG,

Welcome to the forums ! 8)

Contact the Technical Support, they'll defintively be able to help you.

Be sure to post in the Technical Support forum :

viewforum.php?f=262

I'm very confident that your problem can be fixed. :)
Nicolas Escats
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Contributor

Xiaomaoxin
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Xiaomaoxin » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:46 pm

Since you can activate the game on steam that one should work no matter what. But the installer that you get when you buy the game should work on the new pc, too. Really shouldnt be a problem. There are games that are protected by linking the activation code to the current pcs hard drive but that is actually very rare. I have been switching pcs and installations a lot due to broken laptops etc but never had a problem. Slitherine will send you a download link that becomes inactive after some days after your purchase. But the installer that you get will keep working. And if you lose it you can simply contact support with your serial and you get a new link.
Steam is a platform that has an internal game library with your games and the copy protection there basically works with your login and the installation of the client. Slitherine allows you to activate the game you buy from them there too. So after you do that it will stay in the steam library forever and you can always download it there after installing the (free) steam client and logging in. I will probably activate the game on steam for convenience since I have lots of games on there because steam frequently puts games on sale for 75% off. Dont wait for 75% off on slitherine games though since those are too niche and stay more expensive :)

Vivisector9999
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Vivisector9999 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:06 am

Yes, you will be able to install this game on a new computer without having to buy a code again.

It's even easier if you use the Steam client (which you should). All you have to do is download the Steam client onto your new computer and log into your Steam account, and then you will be able to re-install this or any other game you have on Steam.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”