music

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

do335b6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

music

Post by do335b6 »

The music for the game is love and hate, You have really great selections of music but who was playing it, the intonation of the trumpets and the lack of tuning at times is almost unbearable. Would it be possible to have this fixed so the music can be enjoyed throughout the game?
N_Molson
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Re: music

Post by N_Molson »

Hello,

As it is the case the game for the extreme majority of the games, the audio composer, Christian Fernando Perrucchi, mostly used a synth to make the soundtracks, so what you hear are actually digital samples of real instruments. Hiring a full symphonic orchestra for several tracks with choirs of brass would be very, very expensive. :wink:
Nicolas Escats
Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager Contributor
do335b6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by do335b6 »

Ok that is understandable, but with digital samples it should be even easier to get the notes in tune, the dissonance created by the trumpets not in tune is almost unbearable. If the trumpets in my band played so badly they would be fired.
BARIS70
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by BARIS70 »

I just kill the background and play Yanni's Dare to Dream and In My Time albums in the background. They seem to work very well with the majesty of the game.
jjknap
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by jjknap »

I like the music in the game.
do335b6
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by do335b6 »

The music selections are good the tuning is what is driving me nuts
nats
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by nats »

Not being into live orchestral music much I can't say I noticed. If its a synth then the tuning should be perfect surely? It's very reminscent of many Nasa tv programs where the often have slightly differentially pitched trumpets in the music, I wouldnt call them out of tune though.
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it"

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”