Patch policy

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

SomeoneYouKnow
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Patch policy

Post by SomeoneYouKnow » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:57 am

This is something that alot of game developers overlook and instead adopt a policy of megapatch after megapatch with months in between, while the smaller (to fix) but critical bugs are left behind. Meanwhile the community eventually moves on to the next game.

Right now with BASPM there are a few of those bugs that needs to be addressed ASAP. Like for example the bug where the lunar probes can only be unlocked if you do the basic satellites before the manned orbital missions, otherwise the game bugs out (or something to this effect). That is what I would call a showstopper bug going on for 2 months now since release.

I am wondering what Slitherine's patch policy is regarding BASPM?

I would suggest something like:
Game release -> hotfix -> hotfix -> megapatch -> hotfix -> hotfix -> etc

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Re: Patch policy

Post by Nacho84 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:32 pm

Hello SomeoneYouKnow,
SomeoneYouKnow wrote:Like for example the bug where the lunar probes can only be unlocked if you do the basic satellites before the manned orbital missions, otherwise the game bugs out (or something to this effect). That is what I would call a showstopper bug going on for 2 months now since release.
Can you point me to thread where this was reported? Now that the game is on Steam, I have to track three forums (and their respective sub-forums :) ), and with all the frenzy since late October such a report might have slipped through the cracks. To be honest, I wasn't aware of any showstoppers. Yes, there are things we are polishing and some new features we're introducing, but I didn't know of any critical bugs preventing players from enjoying the game, so see if you can find that thread and I'll create a hotfix.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

SomeoneYouKnow

Post by SomeoneYouKnow » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:52 pm

viewtopic.php?f=262&t=54074&p=507201#p507201

Yes I have noticed the 3 different forums :)

I found a similar thing, not sure if it's a bug or WAD, regarding the Gemini DA lunar landing needing duration level 1 to avoid a penalty. Turns out it only worked with Mercury Endurance level 1 and not Gemini EVA duration level 1. In this case however I was able to go back to Mercury and do the endurance level 1 and continue with the space program.

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:22 pm

SomeoneYouKnow wrote:viewtopic.php?f=262&t=54074&p=507201#p507201

Yes I have noticed the 3 different forums :)
Yes, and some of them have sub-forums, so it's very easy for me to miss something :)
SomeoneYouKnow wrote:I found a similar thing, not sure if it's a bug or WAD, regarding the Gemini DA lunar landing needing duration level 1 to avoid a penalty. Turns out it only worked with Mercury Endurance level 1 and not Gemini EVA duration level 1. In this case however I was able to go back to Mercury and do the endurance level 1 and continue with the space program.
This is a bug in the spreadsheet. I'll sort it out for the next update, thanks for reporting it!

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”