Status of the game

Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager (SPM) Road to the Moon is the ultimate game of space exploration.

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

bumble410
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Status of the game

Post by bumble410 »

I too am sorry that no new development will be done on this great game. The potential is so astronomical :) for what could be accomplished in future mods; space shuttles, space stations, lunar bases, manned Mars and Venus missions, asteroid exploration and maybe even mining, robotic craft to all the planets and the moons of those that have, space tourism, (a great way to earn cash and prestige), space telescopes to explore the universe, (random discoveries could garner prestige and further public support, ie. money), and then repair missions to the space telescope, (Hubble anyone!), maybe expanding the space centers to allow additional personnel and more missions per quarter, especially useful if a space shuttle were developed, there are so many possible ideas. Also there could be other ways to win the game as in different goals to achieve besides the lunar landing. There have been other suggestions for this idea on other forums for this game that have great potential. Hopefully someone will find a way to keep this game growing. I personally would support a Kick Starter program or even a private individual or enterprise that would take on the job.
Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 »

Hello guys,

Thank you for your continued support, I really appreciate it :)

At the moment I'm afraid running a Kickstarter campaign is not a viable option. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I went back to full-time employment, and planning and executing a Kickstarter campaign nowadays is an endeavour that requires no less than full-time dedication.

Regarding putting the game as a community based project: the source code is not heavily documented, mainly because I was the only programmer working on the game and it didn't make sense for me to spend time creating documentation that no one would ever read. That doesn't mean the code is messy but, during the development process, I always chose to focus all my efforts on tasks that would actually have a visible impact in the final product and could get away with that because I knew I was going to be the only person modifying it. Putting someone else up to speed so that it can modify and extend the game would require dozens of hours, which is incompatible with my current situation. Besides, the current game systems of missions don't lend themselves very well to space stations/Moon colonies game mechanics, so you're probably better starting again from scratch.

In any case, don't despair. As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, I have some ideas for other space based games, and hopefully once my current situation becomes a bit more stable I'll be able to work on them during the evenings, just like I did with SPM before the Early Access started.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter
Kalesin
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie

Post by Kalesin »

We look forward to further news, and good luck with your new job.

If it is possible to request, would be appreciated modding thread with examples, so that the community has some information to create some mod the game.
Sabratha
SPM Contributor
SPM Contributor

Post by Sabratha »

Thanks and good luck!
jgf1123
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by jgf1123 »

News that NASA is planning a manned mission to Mars in the 2030's reminded me of BASPM stage 2 and 3. Logged into the forum to only to see this news. Sorry to hear that, especially since one of the early posts mentioned that Buzz wanted a Mars game to demonstrate why his Mars Cycler idea is the way to go.

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager”