First attempt at scenario building.

Forum for the strategy game set during the 2nd War for Armageddon.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

xPrimarisx
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

First attempt at scenario building.

Post by xPrimarisx »

First attempt at scenario building. Tyranid mod required to play this one. Hope you can win this battle, i sure didn't :o

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55680 <---- Tyranid full mod details.

Install Instructions: please read carefully:

with this mod, the only files that are overwritten are 4 .whdat files: Armageddon/data/weapons.whdat, Armageddon/data/unittypes.whdat, Armageddon/Graphics/attack.whdat, Armageddon/Audio/Move/move.whdat. so before you do anything, BACKUP THESE 4 FILES!! and if you want to uninstall this mod ( why would you ? :mrgreen: ) , just restore those 4 files.

to play tyranids attached to both ork and imperium side in multiplayer, you need to copy and paste that list of numbers from 2001 to 3070 into "availMP.whdat" and "availMPlimit.whdat" files located in Armageddon/data folder. DONE ! now you can play as tyranids attached to both sides.

for vanilla singleplayer campaign, you do the same thing, except you need to copy and paste the list of 3001 to 3070 into each and every one of those avail.whdat files in the Armageddon/data folder. avail1.whdat all the way to avail8.whdat. DONE! now you can play as tyranids on the imperium side through the entire campaign, against orks.

HOW TO MERGE:

first of all, a notepad like program is very safe for this operation. not sure about excel like program, i heard that it might truncate data, so don't use that, just to be safe. so just use notepad.

1. for attack.whdat: there are 3 sections in that file, you need to copy and paste all the new nids data entries in my files AT THE END OF each section into your attack.whdat file's SAME SECTION. you have to use copy and paste, don't type the data manually , because there are strict data structures like columns and stuff for each entries, if you type manually, you will screw it all up. so only use copy and paste!

a warning about attack.whdat: after each section of the data, you have to leave an empty line of space between each sections, if there is no space, all the weapon effects and sounds effect will not play properly. the best way to test this is after you merge your data, simply open the editor, select edit -> efx editor. if you left empty line, you will see that everything is working and there are lots of effects entries there. if something is wrong, you will only see 1 entry in there, all those other entries are missing.

Here is a quick video, hopefully showing how to install the mod.. :?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-93hQwN ... e=youtu.be
Attachments
The Threat from the Viod!.zip
A Tyranid invasion, not tested myself.
(3.91 KiB) Downloaded 127 times
Take them out!.zip
My first attempt at creating a scenario.
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Last edited by xPrimarisx on Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: First attempt at scenario building.

Post by Parallax »

You need to put tyranid mod link in the porst next time :)
xPrimarisx

Post by xPrimarisx »

Parallax wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:54 am You need to put tyranid mod link in the porst next time :)
I hope you don`t mind me sharing some one else`s post.
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Thanks for new scenarios. Finished them yesterday on normal difficulty. I think the best way to activate mod is to use Generic Mod Enabler.

All scenarios were not hard enough. I think to cut in a half imperial forces would be fine or add more powerfull tyranids and biotitans. All scenarios have no objectives description. Some forest tiles in bastion and fortification tiles in hive mission were just grass or plain tiles. They don't give cover, block LOS and not reduce movement. It's always happens and should be checked manually ) All scenarios could have requisition per turn bonuses. Scenarios not hard, and this bonus could be very low. 10-15 req. points per turn would be fine. That's good for players cause this gives them small feeling of control even if they can't buy or heal their units with this.

In Bastion mission titan and superheavy tank in upper left corner could not move anywhere, they are trapped behind the city. Maybe it is a good reason to add few victory hexes for imperials to hold them.

In Hive mission, tyranid victory hexes has orc faction icons and mission was not over even after capturing hexes and destroying all tyranids.

PS. Thanks for new content, waiting for new ones and for Armageddon 2 game :)
Simon Parsons
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by Simon Parsons »

Heres one i put together. Shame pc canny handle it.
Attachments
Nsels.zip
(6.69 KiB) Downloaded 114 times

Return to “Warhammer® 40,000® Armageddon™”