Cheats?

Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941 - Moderators

RickR
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Cheats?

Post by RickR » Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:52 pm

Are there any cheat codes for G@W? This is much like Panzer General/Panzer Korps but much improved and I like it much better however; unless I am doing something wrong, there's a couple of things that really annoy me which a cheat could fix.
For example, the planes fuel/rearming...

The planes take 2 turns to fuel and arm. 1 move to get to an air base then another move to arm. I should auto fuel/Arm in 1 move when you get to the base - like Panzer Korps.

Rick

RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Re: Cheats?

Post by RonaldWendt » Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:51 am

Hello Rick,
RickR wrote:Are there any cheat codes for G@W? This is much like Panzer General/Panzer Korps but much improved and I like it much better however; unless I am doing something wrong, there's a couple of things that really annoy me which a cheat could fix.
For example, the planes fuel/rearming...

The planes take 2 turns to fuel and arm. 1 move to get to an air base then another move to arm. I should auto fuel/Arm in 1 move when you get to the base - like Panzer Korps.

Rick
so do you suggest we add an extra option for aircraft supply to be put on/off ? Currently you can already turn of the whole supply system and simply attack every turn with every unit.

The reason it works the way you describe it in GaW is, that airstrikes were rare in many operations, so they had to be place carefully by the commanders.

Regards,

RickR

Post by RickR » Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:30 am

RonaldWendt wrote:Hello Rick,
RickR wrote:Are there any cheat codes for G@W? This is much like Panzer General/Panzer Korps but much improved and I like it much better however; unless I am doing something wrong, there's a couple of things that really annoy me which a cheat could fix.
For example, the planes fuel/rearming... The planes take 2 turns to fuel and arm. 1 move to get to an air base then another move to arm. I should auto fuel/Arm in 1 move when you get to the base - like Panzer Korps.
Rick
so do you suggest we add an extra option for aircraft supply to be put on/off ? Currently you can already turn of the whole supply system and simply attack every turn with every unit.
The reason it works the way you describe it in GaW is, that airstrikes were rare in many operations, so they had to be place carefully by the commanders.
Regards,

I suppose that is one way to fix it however I wouldn't want to play with the Aircraft supply turned off. I understand that in the real war, the front was so big that airstrikes were rare but for playability I think 2 turns to get ammo just doesn't work but...but having said that, I think there is no limit on the distance the aircraft can fly so that does negate some of this limitation. I just think purchasing a costly tactical bomber which you can only use 50% of the turns is - well – not very good bang for your buck. But, perhaps it’s just me being so use to playing Pz General/Pz Corps.  I meant it when I said that G@W is a huge improvement over Pz Corps. I just bought it and spent all Sunday playing it.

I was wondering why there are so few Campaigns/Scenarios out there for it but it appears that you just released with Version 1.04 a scenario editor so maybe we’ll see the Modding community start to churn some out soon.

No, I think what it is really missing is the tools to create/edit scenarios and units and you have resolved half the problem with v1.04. It’s too bad it doesn’t have a Equipment file so it would be easy to edit or creat units like Panzer General had… - Rick

RonaldWendt
Phobetor
Phobetor

Post by RonaldWendt » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:29 am

Hello RickR,
RickR wrote:
No, I think what it is really missing is the tools to create/edit scenarios and units and you have resolved half the problem with v1.04. It’s too bad it doesn’t have a Equipment file so it would be easy to edit or creat units like Panzer General had… - Rick
we would solved the lot, but especially data that is used as a bases like unit values is currently in a rigid structure. Changing this will be more than just adding a little feature, it would mean to rework quite some parts of the game. While this is not impossible, its also not done on the fly.

Regards,

blindsey
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by blindsey » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:10 pm

To make this game survive for a long time like PG and PC, you have to make it more mod-able by the users. I play both PG and PC probably 50% of my game time (the rest of the time I play War Thunder), even after all of these years. I have heavily modded both PG and PC and I play my own versions. I would love to be able to do this with GaW: Barbarossa 1941, but I can't access any of the game files. This game won't survive long if you don't make it mod-able, but if you do then all those that love PG and PC will get into this title also. It has great potential.
Keep up the great work,
Regards, BlindsEye

Return to “Germany at War: Barbarossa 1941”