Maybe some Bugs on iPad2 iOs 7.1.2

Moderators: Nacho84, N_Molson

Taunide
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Maybe some Bugs on iPad2 iOs 7.1.2

Post by Taunide » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:27 pm

Hi, I've purchased the game last week (and finished it, so the problems are probably only cosmetically). First of all, and most disturbing is a bug in the Training screen. Whenever I switch from the sub-screen of continuous training back to single training the UI becomes unresponsive, signaling that I've touched any of the buttons but will take no action. Only a quit will help in that instance.
Oh, BTW I run on 7.1.2 because I have heard nothing good about iOs8.

Secondly, when I try to open a multiplayer game the connection to the servers will not establish. After three minutes I lost my patience and quitted because there is no cancel button. Additionally the register window is a real pain to fill in. I needed about 20 Minutes to get my cursor to the position i want to type.

Thirdly, when you create a mouseover on a Tablet, always keep in mind that Users have Fingers, sometimes even some substantial ones, like in my case. I couldn't read half of the Infoboxes cause my hand/finger was in the way. Solution: enlarge the distance between Target and Infobox.

The fourth is basically a rehash of the first complaint, this time in the Mission Overview Screen. When you try to end a mission with still some WIT Guys attached the game becomes unresponsive. A warning screen might solve that problem.

The next thing is not a bug but a suggestion. Sometimes when you are in Flight Control while a mission is running it gets tiring to watch the same clip over and over again. if you could implement some kind of "skip to the end of this mission step" button it would enhance the experience significantly.

The german Translation is usually very good but since we are Fans of composita, words tend to get a bit longer in Germany. That is i.e. the Case with Flugkontrollzentrum where Flugkontrolle would have sufficed (and fitted in the given space). There are some instances where the look suffers from this translations. You might want to ask a native speaker to look over these issues and tell you where abbreviations might be acceptable.

Over all a very good game with the big nostalgia factor (I played Buzz Aldrins Race into Space when it was first released), it lacks, however some more speculative Missions and Missions to Neptune and beyond.

Keep up the good work

Taunide

Re: Maybe some Bugs on iPad2 iOs 7.1.2

Post by Taunide » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:54 pm

After the second playhrough I've noticed some additional things. After I've finished all Missions on Mars and Venus (BTW this time I'm russian) i get the screen that says that I could start missions on Mercury, Jupiter and Saturn. The Planets are even highlighted but no missions are available.

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:53 pm

Hello Taunide,

Welcome to the forums! Apologies for my late reply. Glad you liked the game :)

We have already submitted an update (version 1.4.20) to Apple around 10 days ago. This update fixes the PBEM issue you reported, among other things. Please see the changelog for more details.

The bug for the training screen has been identified as well and fixed. I've also added a bit more offset to the tooltips in order to accomodate players with larger fingers, as per your suggestion. And the bug that reported missions to the Sun, Jupiter and Saturn when playing as the soviets has been fixed as well. We'll create another patch for iOS once 1.4.20 becomes publicly available and submit it to Apple for review.

Not sure what the issue with the fourth point is, can you elaborate a bit more so that I can reproduce it in here?

Notice that the German translation was done by a native speaker. I'll point him to this thread, though.

Please feel free to post any other suggestion/reports and we'll take a look at it.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti
Lead Developer of Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager

Polar Motion
Twitter

Taunide

Post by Taunide » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:14 pm

Hi and thank you for your reply, the fourth issue I've reported was not reproducable. So just ignore it. But I had a black screen in the Moon Sample Return Mission whenever I tried to plan the Mission. Quitting and reopening of that specific Mission solved the problem.

Is there a way to post images in this forum? I had a very interesting Graphic glitch where tons of text have been crammed in a dialog window, I would love to show it to you.

Again thank you for your swift reply.

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:17 pm

Hello Taunide,

Yes, if you select "Full Editor" when posting a reply here in the forums, you can upload images as attachments. Feel free to post them here or send me a PM.

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

Taunide

Post by Taunide » Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:09 am

Thx, here we are
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (205.25 KiB) Viewed 3436 times

Nacho84
SPM Moderator
SPM Moderator

Post by Nacho84 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:10 pm

Thanks! I underestimated the length of the failure strings in the localised German version! I have fixed the code so that they get displayed in a bigger box. Thanks for reporting it!

Cheers,
Ignacio Liverotti

Polar Motion
Twitter

Return to “Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager : Tech Support”