Question on achievement: Order of the Rising Sun

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

red_amoeba
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Question on achievement: Order of the Rising Sun

Post by red_amoeba » Sun Mar 21, 2021 12:50 pm

Folks, i have been attempting to get the above achievement: use banzai charge to kill enemy unit, dealing at least 5 damage.

Problem is, i have tried two times, doing just that but the achievement won't hit. Each time, i reduce enemy unit to 5 strength, ensure enemy unit is not surrounded (i.e. it has space to retreat), activate banzai, eliminate unit. but achievement won't show.

I read in forum that the achievement may be bugged, i.e. damaging five points without killing unit may also get the achievement. Done that but nothing.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: Question on achievement: Order of the Rising Sun

Post by LandMarine47 » Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:30 pm

you actually have to destroy said unit while dealing at least 5 damage, one of the hardest achievements to get in my opinion, on par with getting an elite submarine considering you both have to destroy said unit and deal 5 damage to it during the attack. You might want to try softening up a unit in open terrain, preferably inferior to your own unit attacking. I would try doing this achievement against Philippine recruits in the Rising Sun campaign, or Chinese militia in the Morning Sun campaign.

Sartarius1
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Sartarius1 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:37 am

In short - just use it on bunker/radar/... with >= 6 srt (5 str is not enough). It is nearly impossible to do this achievement not on static targets due to retreat mechanics.
As for 5-star sub - easy to do in American campaign. Just fire at all coast targets and keep it alive. Esp in last mission where you have 100 turns. I got 3d, 4th and 5th stars on last one

Mencey

Post by Mencey » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:16 am

Just anihilated a Seabee unit dealing 5 points of damage. Didn't work. Was it so difficult to explain requirements clearly?

Return to “Order of Battle Series”