Specialization Points

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Chris21wen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Specialization Points

Post by Chris21wen »

Just finished playing US Marine campaign. At the end I still had not uncovered 6 of the still remaining specializations despite winning all the scenarios

Does playing at a higher difficulty give you more points?
Epperaliant
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: Specialization Points

Post by Epperaliant »

As far as I know you can't unlock everything, and difficulty gives you zero bonuses.
cutydt02

Post by cutydt02 »

The 2nd missions and specs are pretty the same, i dont beleive you have more objectives to do in harder diff. But sometimes it has their own way, like you cant do as much damage (mostly, to enemy fighters/aircrafts) as 2nd missions required because enemy maximum forces cant reach that number. Luckily most times that kind of missions just give you commanders...

Some specs are actually a bit useless compared to others, you always can have the best one sooner or later, especially in the trilogy. So well, a bit confusing in choosing specs for me is a good way to increase the replay value of the game.
Chris21wen
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Chris21wen »

Epperaliant wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:34 pm As far as I know you can't unlock everything, and difficulty gives you zero bonuses.
All the special bonuses happened in real life following roughly the timeline in the game so you should be able to unlock them all during any campaign. Thinking about it, why are they there at all in a game based on history, All it does is make you choose which historically correct event to use. If this was some syfi game were research mattered I could understand but not in this game.

If you got enough point over the campaign to unlock all then yes they do have some point, making you choose the order affectin how the scenarios might play out.

This spoils a decent game although the DLC designs.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”