Allies Resurgent neutralize Foggia airfield

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Allies Resurgent neutralize Foggia airfield

Post by 77630492 »

I have captured the three airfields in five turns but always receive a failure. What should be done?
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Allies Resurgent neutralize Foggia airfield

Post by bebro »

IIRC you need to bomb down the supply of those airfields to 0 using strat bombers.
gunny
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by gunny »

Yeah the thing specifically states to bomb them down in order to get the benefit ... this is interesting as it causes one to spend resources on bombers or not vs doing something else without bombers ... I like having choices in these battles which is why I keep a bottle of Tylenol next to my keyboard as I try to figure out the best battle plan.
DeathMutant
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by DeathMutant »

It takes 2 bomb runs per airfield so, if you have 3+ top-end strategic bombers (like a US B-17 or UK Lancaster), you should be able to complete the objective in 2 turns (plus travel-time to reach the airfields). Attacking the nearby AA unit (8.8 Flak) with other aircraft that have decent ground attack and high ground defense, like a P-38 Lighting, will minimize potential losses. Press the spacebar to see the current supply values of the airfields, when they reach "0" you have neutralized them.
Garush
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Seriously ?

Post by Garush »

If you take the 3 airfields in 5 turns (as I did), I believe we can say that they are « neutralized », no ? And better : you can use it for your aircrafts.

Ok, let's forget this objective. It should be « Neutralize or take in 5 turns ».
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Seriously ?

Post by terminator »

Garush wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:50 pm If you take the 3 airfields in 5 turns (as I did), I believe we can say that they are « neutralized », no ? And better : you can use it for your aircrafts.

Ok, let's forget this objective. It should be « Neutralize or take in 5 turns ».
I agree with you. Capture by land would have to be very difficult to favour neutralization by bombers. I was able to use the 3 airfields despite the fact that I managed to neutralize them.
OldRock55

Post by OldRock55 »

I used three airborne units to capture the Foggia airfields in 5 turns. That should have given me the victory.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

OldRock55 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:30 pm I used three airborne units to capture the Foggia airfields in 5 turns. That should have given me the victory.
It wasn’t the orders...

Return to “Order of Battle Series”